PANIC ATTACK

Jimin blinked rapidly, refusing to believe what he heard. More people to meet? He couldn't take anymore of this. One person a day was enough. He could feel his chest tightening up and his breathing becoming shallow. He was on the way to to have a full panic attack. He clenched his fists.  Beads of sweat started forming on his forehead.

"h-h-how ma-many?" he squeaked in a high pitched voice.

"there's Jin" Yoongi began ticking off his friends names with his fingers to be extra dramatic since he liked the look of horror building on the younger's face. "Namjoon. Taehyung. Hosoek. Oh and Jungkook. So that makes, what? five people" Yoongi nonchalantly said.

 Jimin's chin trembled. For the past four years, he had met no one except for his parents. He was constantly in his room, afraid to come out. Now, on doctor's orders he had to, ugh, socialize. Now all of a sudden he was to meet five more people, who were Yoongi's friends and were sure to bully him. He couldn't take it. He gasped involuntarily and took a step backwards. 

"n-no! please... I-I can't..." he unevenly said. His chest heaved heavily. 

"if you're going to school, you're gonna have to interact, shorty"

Somehow, the way he said it made Jimin's heart ache. "I don't w-want to... go t-to s-s-school"

"stop making this harder for me or I'm gonna leave you in the mall" Yoongi threatened. Though his heart told him that he shouldn't hurt this poor boy just because he was a part of his mom's plan to make Yoongi responsible, he chose to ignore it.

 Jimin's eyes widened in terror as he heard the threat. "n-no... I-I'll be g-good. P-Please don't... h-hurt me"

"look, I'm sorry if I'm harsh. But I don't want to be a baby sitter for you. I'm just a bit frustrated at my mom for making me do this" Yoongi confessed.

Jimin's eyes drooped sadly. "y-you hate me?" he asked, his voice broken. "I-I'm sorry i-if my p-problem is a n- nuisance to you"

Yoongi blinked. "well, I don't hate you... I just... ugh, okay, don't blame yourself for your problem. I know its not your fault that you're scared of interacting. Just at least try. Try to talk. Please? for me?" He almost face palmed himself. Who was he to tell the boy to do him a favor? He'd been harsh with Jimin for the last fifteen minutes. Stupid, stupid Min Yoongi. Jimin might just laugh to his face. 

Jimin's heart beat slowed as he heard the older's words. He stopped gasping and took a deep breath. Shockingly, Jimin's panic bubbled down. It had never happened before. He could never calm himself when a panic attack was coming. He would always cry loudly and scream. Not even his parents could make him calm. 

But Min Yoongi did. 

For Jimin, this was a big improvement. He couldn't wait to tell his parents.

So it was a big shock to Yoongi when Jimin gave him a wide smile that lit up his face beautifully, his eyes reducing to slits. Yoongi's heart tied into knots.

"okay hyung! I'll give it my best!" Jimin promised, without stuttering once.

"t-thanks then" Min Yoongi, you aren't feeling anything. Nothing at all.