JIMIN

"hey, hyung"

Yoongi grumbled incoherently and rolled about on the bed, immensely loving the warm feeling it presented to him.

"hyung, I want to tell you something" Jimin urged.

"can't it wait?" Yoongi mumbled sleepily, but getting up anyway, rubbing his eyes and wincing at  the sunlight pouring through the open windows. Gah, he should have been born a vampire. He sure wasn't a morning person.

"Hyung it's almost twelve noon. Get up already" Jimin shook the older by his shoulders, slightly exasperated. Yoongi didn't even bother to open his eyes half way. "hyung!" All the effort Jimin put into making breakfast wasted. Just because Yoongi was too damn lazy to get his ass off bed. Aish, seriously.

Yoongi got up grumbling, tossing away the covers in reluctance. He had slept at 2 o'clock in the morning after watching a full TV series, and rejoicing at having finishing it. Jimin had given up on making him go to sleep and had gone to bed himself, so Yoongi had treated himself to a marathon of episodes and had slept late and that had resulted in waking up awfully late. And probably making Jimin angry in the process.

"I'm sowwy" Yoongi pouted at the younger who tried his hard not to smile but failed anyway.

"get ready, hyung. You missed half the day" Jimin crossed his arms over his chest, trying to sound stern.

"it's just another weekend, Jiminnie, Give me a rest" Yoongi stretched himself, before bringing himself to examine Jimin closely. He noted the slight cease between his eyes, a sight that told that he was stressed. Which immediately got Yoongi wide awake.

"Is something wrong?" He asked at once. Jimin looked at the floor hesitating before answering in a small voice.

"my parents are coming..." his tone didn't hold joy, it held hatred. Which Yoongi didn't quite get. Jimin didn't hate his parents, did he?

"have you had a fight with them?" he gently asked, while the latter shook his head, biting his lip. "then?"

"I-I just don't like them very much." Jimin finally said, eyes suspiciously bright. "they never helped me, hyung. Not even when I really needed them" Yoongi put his hand on top of Jimi's.

"I'm sorry"

Jimin laughed bitterly. "don't be. I guess they didn't love me very much"

"don't think like that" Yoongi softly said, hoping to be soothing. "I'm sure they had their own reasons" which was ridiculous. What parent wouldn't help their child when there were in a critical state?

"that's impossible" Jimin rolled his eyes.

"are they coming today?" Yoongi asked.

"yeah"

"don't be sad, Jiminnie, you know it gets me sad too" the older tried to get Jimin to smile, which Jimin loved him for. Yoongi always tried to keep his spirits up. He pulled his lips into a watery smile.

"go and get ready hyung" Jimin ordered, kissing Yoongi's nose.

** ** ** ** **

The house was neat and tidy by the afternoon, thanks to Jimin. Yoongi helped here and there, but Jimin eventually told him to butt out, since he was making more of a mess rather than cleaning up.

"did you order food hyung?" Jimin asked, setting the table for four.

"yeah. I did everything you told to me to. Which frankly wasn't much" Yoongi sourly remarked. Jimin laughed. 

"you know why I had to tell you to butt out, hyung" he chivvied, adding the final touches to the table. He looked so cute when he was concentrating so hard that Yoongi couldn't help but draw the latter in for a kiss, which in result, got Jimin flustered to the core of him.

All too soon, the doorbell rang, startling the both of them.

Jimin stood rigidly frozen until Yoongi took his hand and squeezed it. "don't worry too much Jimin. Come on"

Jimin held the door open for his parents to come in. He couldn't recall the last time he'd seen them. Was it four or three years ago? Maybe even more than that. He couldn't remember.

His mom hadn't aged, she still had heaps of lipstick on, and that awful rose powder on her cheeks. His dad was brisk and prim, still acting like he was in a business meeting and not just meeting his own son, acknowledged Jimin with a nod, but nothing else. Jimin showed that he didn't care as he smiled, but he did. He minded terribly. All he wanted was a bit of love and affection from his parents. Was that so hard to ask? Yoongi noticed it, his mouth turning downwards at the younger's attempt at bravado, at seeing the pain behind the smile on Jimi's face.  

"Jimin, darling, how are you?" once they were seated in the comfortable chairs, Mrs. Park asked, not quite interested, but being polite and making a conversation and perhaps thinking herself a heroin for doing so. Yoongi's anger was rising. How could they treat their own son like this? This bundle of happiness? No wonder Jimin hated his parents.

"I'm fine, mother" Jimin shortly replied. "thanks for asking" the edge of sarcasm wasn't hard to detect.

"I see you've gotten over that silly stuttering of yours, darling" The lady remarked, looking like she didn't in the least care. Jimin clenched his fists at the words, his heart beating horribly painfully. Silly stuttering? That was all his disorder had meant to his parents, hadn't it? Just some silly stuttering. Like he was a teenage girl talking to his first crush or something.

"yes, mother" he answered soulless.

"well, now that you are over it" She looked at Mr. Park in a questioning manner.  "we have a slight matter to discuss. Perhaps over dinner, if you mind?"

And they didn't even ask if their son had had time to make dinner for them. They just sauntered in, making Yoongi want to commit murder. Even if he got arrested.

Once they were eating, looking around the room in judging eyes, Jimin allowed himself to calm down. A least he was sure about the food.

"we have been meaning to tell you darling," Mrs. Park spoke up in her haughty manner, making Yoongi grit his teeth. She held up her glass of water and took a sip. Then put it down, looking at Jimin. "of who you really are"

"What do you mean, who I really am?" Jimin demanded. "the last rime I checked I was your son, Park Jimin"

"of course, but you are not really-" She smiled a bit. "my son"

Jimin's whole world tumbled down at that moment. All the pain he'd been keeping in seemed to grasp at him, making his eyes pool with tears, his fists clench, his breath coming in gasps.

"you custody was given to us, when your real parents died" she continued like this wasn't a shock at all. Like she was talking about school homework. Like this was no big deal. Jimin's eyes steadily continued to fill with involuntary tears. He bit his lip in rising anger.

"and we came today, to say that you can either come to Hong Kong with us, or stay here in Korea. Since you are no longer my son, I do not care of which option you choose"

Jimin stood up, chest tight with the resentment he was feeling.

"so this is it then?" he quietly asked, his voice dangerously calm, making the couple surprised.

"darling-"

"don't you fucking call me darling!" Jimin spat, all the anger he felt through out his years of depression, coming out in torrents. "all these years. All these years I was wondering about what I had done to make you hate me so. All these years I was worried about my parents not loving me, to find out that all that was bull shit?! Do you know what I suffered from? Social anxiety disorder! Not some bloody silly stuttering! And do you even fucking care? No!"

"Jimin, do not speak-"

"shut up. Shut the fuck up and leave! NOW!"

And Jimin didn't even cry afterwards.