Chapter Five

Egypt felt warmer than usual when he came to. That coupled with the scent of Old Spice. He knew the scent all too well because his mother always tried getting him to use the brand but it never stuck.

Egypt shifted and squeaked when an arm he didn't realize was around his waist tightened. Oh good God! Egypt's heart started a war chant and he wiggled a bit only to freeze when his bed mate spoke.

"Stop moving. You feel good." Egypt's eyes opened and he stared at Joshua who was still asleep judging from the open mouthed snore that followed and Egypt had to admit it was kind of cute the way Joshua's hair fell over his closed eyes, his mouth slightly opened and the lines on his forehead smoothened which made him look so much younger than his twenty-eight years.

Egypt laid still and gently brushed the hair away from Joshua's forehead and gasped when the man's eyes snapped open. Egypt stopped breathing entirely as the events from the day before flashed through his mind.

Joshua glanced down at his arm securely wrapped around Egypt's middle and his nose barely an inch away from Egypt's. As if dealing with a ticking time bomb Joshua slowly removed his arm from around Egypt and sat up. Joshua watched as Egypt did the same and then the boy turned pink.

"Um... Good morning?" Egypt said and Joshua sighed quietly and braced for Egypt's loud ass motor mouth to start up.

"T-Thanks for taking care of me yesterday." Egypt whispered and waved his injured hand as if to emphasize.

"No problem." Joshua replied.

"How did I get in your room?" Egypt asked and Joshua sucked in a breath.

"I didn't want to go in your room without permission." Joshua began and Egypt nodded. "I was gonna wake you up to eat but I must have fallen asleep." Joshua shrugged his shoulders casually.

"Oh." Egypt mumbled. "Well thanks again." And then Egypt scrambled out of the devil's lair.

Joshua ruffled his own hair a bit confused but shrugged it off as he started pulling out clothes from his closet to change into for work. He didn't dwell on the feeling he got when he felt Egypt's fingers brush his skin nor the sweet scent of his body wash. Nope not even how good Egypt felt with his arm around him. Joshua waited until he heard the shower come on and off five minutes later before trudging out of his room and began his morning routine.

------

Egypt watched as Joshua walked to the bathroom and closed the door and he let out a sigh of relief when he didn't glance Egypt's way. With another sigh Egypt began preparing ingredients for omelets when a loud knock came. Egypt looked out of the peep hole and saw a disheveled Mason. Quickly he opened the door and Mason grumbled a good morning and went for the cup of coffee Egypt had just prepared for himself.

"Help yourself to my coffee oh Lord Mason." Egypt dead-panned and Mason groaned in ecstasy when he took the first gulp.

"I could eat too servant." Mason mumbled and dropped his forehead to the counter.

"Rough night?" Egypt asked throwing a sympathetic arm around Mason's shoulder and Mason being so used to Egypt's affection pressed his forehead against Egypt's stomach and let the boy coo over him and pat his back and sing to him that everything is gonna be alright. (Big up to Bob Marley). And that was how Joshua came out and saw Egypt and Mason.