Chapter Six

"Who the fuck are you?" Joshua asked the girl that stood in front of the fridge in his shared apartment with wide eyes. Joshua didn't like people in his space especially people he doesn't know.

"Beth-Bethany. Egypt's friend!" she said quickly and Joshua narrowed his eyes at the mention of Egypt.

"Boy!" Joshua roared and Egypt popped out with equally wide eyes as that Bethany girl. "Didn't I tell you to inform me when you have people over?" Joshua asked in his most patient voice.

"Y-yes Joshua." Egypt stuttered. "But it was an emergency!" Egypt said in a high pitched voice.

"And what emergency would that be?" Joshua asked and he and Egypt just stared at each other until Bethany spoke.

"Egypt has a date and I'm here to help him get ready." Egypt face palmed while Joshua's mouth opened and closed a couple of times.

"Oh..." Joshua couldn't find a more complex word even if he tried. A Date. Egypt was going on a date. With another guy that wasn't him.

"Where?" Joshua asked and Egypt frowned.

"Linda's Restaurant on Prince Street." Bethany supplied and Joshua hid a smirk while Egypt sighed loudly.

"It's not really a date date." Egypt muttered and Bethany scoffed.

"Not a real date?" her hands went to her hips as she jutted the left side out. "The guy's been coming here three times a week for a month to buy oil and filters just so he could ask you out Egypt!" Joshua lifted a brow and let out a whistle while Egypt blushed.

"Well I couldn't have him coming in and not purchase anything. It's a business place not a dating site." Egypt sassed and Bethany laughed and slapped the boy over the shoulder.

"He could probably start his own side hustle selling back those oil and filters." Bethany cackled and Joshua held back his own grin.

"Shut up Beth!" Egypt hissed and grabbed the girl by the arm and dragged her to his room. Joshua didn't see nor heard of either of them for over an hour.

Joshua was flipping through channels when Bethany came out with a back pack and a sly grin. "I'm off dude." She waved and was out the door and Joshua just waved awkwardly.

Joshua continued flipping through channels and then stopped abruptly when the strums of Egypt's guitar hit his ears. Joshua went to his room and leaned against the wall and listened. Egypt had such a beautiful voice that Joshua wished he could rest his head against Egypt's chest and have the boy run his fingers through his hair while he sang.

Joshua remembered the last time he heard Egypt sing and play through his wall and goose bumps broke out down both his arms. Egypt would never know how he helped Joshua begin to break his habit of drinking himself into a stupor just so he could forget what his hands were capable of other than fixing engines.

"Joshua!" Egypt's voice rang out and Joshua leaned off the wall and went out to the living room quickly. He faltered for a moment when he saw Egypt dressed to the nines. Tight, black dress pants paired with a short-sleeved dress shirt in a nice shade of blue and a soft pair of vans on his feet. His curls looked moist and well groomed that was off his face via a black head band. A head band Joshua wanted to slide off while fisting his hands in those black as night curls.

"Is it okay if I make you a sandwich this evening?" Egypt asked playing with his own fingers when Joshua came into view.

"Uh no. That's fine Egypt I'll eat out tonight." Joshua replied and Egypt nodded and sat on the sofa.