Chapter Twenty-Seven

Mason had Bethany at his side and he'd never been more grateful for a woman in his life. She fitted right in with him and his life seamlessly. She got his dry jokes and spurred on his dirty ones and Mason found himself falling in love.

He fell in love so hard he bought a ring for Bethany six months later. A spur of the moment kind of thing but Mason knew in his heart that she was the one for him. To hell with the age difference and he swore he'd never hold her back from doing all the things she wanted to do.

Joshua had been missing for eight months already and nobody had heard a word from him or any leads as to where he could have gone despite weekly checks at the hospitals in the surrounding towns and cities and even police stations. Bethany's mother even made checks with some contacts she had too.

Mason knew Egypt was struggling. It got so bad that one of his professors had to reach out to Mason who was listed as Egypt's emergency contact.

"Thank you Professor Cova for contacting me." Mason said into the phone and Bethany raised a brow in his direction. He held up a finger and she nodded.

"Things have been a bit tough for Egypt these past few months but I didn't know it was this bad." Mason sighed after the professor explained how Egypt had been falling behind in his assignments and tests and not only in his class but all his others as well.

Bethany was at his side the moment he hung up the phone. "What's wrong baby?" she asked and squealed a little when Mason sat on the couch and pulled her down on top of him.

"It's Egypt. He's not doing so well in school." Mason said and Bethany nodded.

"He's not been himself when we talk either. I think Joshua going missing has messed with him more than he's letting on." Bethany said and Mason smiled.

"You're so sexy when you sound so smart." Mason said lowly and Bethany smirked at him.

"Yea, every time I open my mouth." She giggled when Mason tickled her sides lightly at her smart ass reply.

"I think we should visit him." Mason said sobering the both of them.

"Agreed." Bethany nodded and pressed a kiss to Mason' temple. Then she kissed him so provocatively that his lower body was heating up.

"Beth..." Mason moaned when her hand started slipping down his stomach and up under the hem of his shirt.

"Beth, baby stop." Mason broke their kiss and Bethany pouted at him making her look like a sexy vixen.

"We agreed we wouldn't do anything until we tell your mom we're dating." Mason reminded her and she groaned loudly.

Mason felt guilty when Bethany looked away from him for a moment and turned back vulnerable eyes to him.

"How about we have dinner with her tonight and tell her before we visit Egypt tomorrow?" Mason asked and almost laughed at her surprised face.

"Are you sure?" Bethany asked softly.

"Yes, Beth. You know I love you to the moon and back and then sum." Mason pressed a chaste kiss to her pink lips and she smiled at him in that way that always had his breath coming in short.

"I love you too." Bethany whispered and pecked Mason's nose.

"I'm worried for Egypt. I'm worried for Joshua." Mason whispered and Bethany tightened her hold on Mason.

"Me too." Bethany whispered back.

"Where could he be?" Mason asked and Bethany knew he didn't direct the question at her.