Chapter Nine

Egypt glared at the officer that took his report feeling anger like never before. "You are acting biased sir." Egypt stood up with a loud scrape of his chair which caused everyone at the station to stare at him. Mason was the one that informed him that the officer that answered their 911 call was the same officer that arrested Joshua for the assault that landed him two years in prison.

"Is there a problem here?" Someone asked and Egypt took stock of the woman in her pant suit and a badge attached to her hip and Egypt sighed loudly.

"Yes. I was just assaulted at my work place by a man named Kevin James and my co-worker Joshua Pits defended me and prevented me from getting more than a bloody lip and this poor excuse of a police officer here." Egypt gestured to the buzz cut, heavy set cop opposite him. "Is trying to insinuate that my co-worker Joshua attacked Kevin unprovoked when that clearly was not the case. If this continues I will make a complaint to the respective authorities and I will follow through to the bitter end to not only have him investigated but also this precinct because if there is one biased officer here then there must be others that subject law abiding citizens to this kind of unjust and unfair treatment." By the time Egypt was finished with his rant the detective lady quirked a brow at him before she glanced down at the officer in question.

"I'll take it from here Paul." She told him and he sighed and passed on the file to her.

"I'm Detective Pearl. Follow me." she said and Egypt gladly did but not before he shot one last glare to that despicable officer Paul.

Egypt sat on the chair indicated in the small but homely office while Detective Pearl browsed through the notes Officer Paul took.

"So this Kevin James came to your work place and assaulted you by slapping you across the face when you refused a second date with him?" she asked and Egypt nodded.

"Yes. I told him I didn't want to go on anymore damned dates with him and he slapped me. Joshua pushed him away from me and punched him twice and he was out cold. Then I called 911 when that douchebag officer responded and we've been here over two hours now and that officer was telling me how Kevin could press charges when in all reality I should press charges against him for assault and a restraining order." Egypt seethes and Detective Pearl smiled slightly in a way that said, damn this boy had spunk.

"You seem to know a bit about police procedures." She said cheekily and looked at Egypt directly in the eyes.

"My mom was a lawyer." Egypt replied quickly, a little pang of hurt in his heart having to refer to his mother as "was".

"Joshua did nothing wrong here and that officer was only prejudiced because Joshua has a record. He did two years in prison for assaulting somebody and he was also the responding officer in that matter. It is quite unfair of him to act so when Joshua did his time for what he did back then." Egypt glared at the file on the desk and wished he could go and see Joshua.

"You are right Egypt Hanson." Detective Pearl said and Egypt let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll be handling this matter and I'll keep in contact with you. Write down your contact information here." she said and slid a piece of paper and pen to Egypt. "In the meantime I'm going to file formal assault charges and a restraining order against Kevin James on your behalf and according to the notes here Mr. James is intent on pressing charges against Joshua Pits. Have you been checked out by a doctor?" Egypt shook his head in disbelief at Kevin's audacity to press charges and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I already did a medical." Egypt informed the detective and she nodded.

"Okay. Wait in the lobby so that I can get Mr. Pits released." Egypt smiled broadly at her words and raced to Mason's side and gave him the good news. He hugged Egypt quickly and said an emotional thank you. They didn't have to wait long before Joshua sauntered into the lobby and Egypt threw himself at the man almost sobbing in relief.