Chapter Twenty-Two

Joshua woke with hair tickling his eyelids and a feeling of warmth he hadn't felt since the last time he slept in the same bed as Egypt. The only thing missing was the scent of Japanese cherry blossoms.

Joshua kept his eyes closed and drifted away back to sleep. Might as well enjoy the nice feelings he felt before he had to wake up and face reality-that he would never be able to hold Egypt in his arms again and besides, it was a Sunday.

"Oh my God did you guys fuck in my house!" Joshua's eyes popped open to find Mason staring back at him and he looked absolutely livid.

"What?" Joshua's voice cracked and his throat felt so parched he wouldn't be surprised if his tongue turned to dust.

"Joshua did you fuck Egypt in my house?" Mason asked again and Joshua was so confused until he felt the body under him shift.

"Mason?" Joshua heard Egypt squeak. Joshua flew up and scrambled off the bed as if he was lying with the devil.

"Egypt?" Joshua's throat burned and Mason shoved a glass of water at him while he gave Joshua's brief covered body a once over.

Joshua drank the water quickly and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and looked from Mason to a confused, sleepy faced Egypt.

"Um... what's going on?" Egypt asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes. God, adorable didn't begin to describe Egypt in Joshua's book.

"Did you and Joshua sleep together here?" Mason asked, hands on his hips and everything while Joshua winced at the loudness of Mason's voice and the harsh light streaming in from the now risen sun. Joshua crossed the room and placed the glass he finished on the bedside table.

"Yea..." Egypt trailed off and Mason lunged at Joshua just as he stepped back from the table. Joshua tried to avoid Mason's attack but it was futile with the way he felt.

"Mason!" Egypt yelled and tried to pry Mason off Joshua.

"You had to fuck him too huh? Breaking his heart wasn't enough Joshua?" Mason had Joshua in a head lock while Egypt yelled for him to stop and Joshua flailed around like a beached whale in Mason's hold.

"Mason we didn't have sex!" Egypt shouted and finally gained Mason's attention.

"What? I thought... you guys are practically naked!" Mason released Joshua who took a wary step away from his brother.

"Just... ugh." Mason huffed and gave Joshua the stink eye before he marched out the room.

Joshua knew better than looking forward to an apology from Mason. His brother would just tell him to take that as a lesson for later in life or some bullshit like that.

---

"Sorry. This won't happen again." Joshua mumbled and tried stepping past Egypt.

Egypt's hand snatched Joshua's wrist effectively stopping him.

"You don't remember anything from last night?" Egypt asked and Joshua shook his head no. In truth Joshua couldn't remember a thing except arriving at one of his favorite watering holes that didn't care if you died drinking at that bar.

"Joshua you..." Egypt stared at the man and Joshua stared right back basking in the little warmth Egypt's hand spread up his arm.

Joshua didn't know how long they stood like that before Egypt released Joshua's wrist and instead of letting Joshua leave he moved in front of Joshua and just wrapped his arms around Joshua's middle, his head rested against Joshua's chest. Joshua knew not what to do as his arms came up automatically to wrap around Egypt's smaller frame.