Chapter Nineteen

"I wasn't aware of any tapes Your Honor." Mr. Raymond said quickly flashing Kevin a glare and Egypt tried to keep his giggle silent as Joshua bumped his knee back.

"I'd like to see this recording." The Judge said and Sira whipped out her laptop and loaded the CD. The judge watched with a stoic face and then he glanced from Kevin to his attorney then to Egypt and Joshua.

"I don't see any 'brutal attack' Mr. James nor 'unprovoked'." The Judge looked at Kevin directly and he squirmed in his seat.

"What I saw was you Mr. James, badging into Mr. Hanson's work place and attacking him. I see Mr. Pits protecting his employee from your attack." The Judge's voice boomed.

"I will be disposing of these matters today so there will be no further adjournment or trial." the Judge said much to Egypt's delight. He knew what this meant from the many times he's heard the same words from his mother when she was still alive.

"Now Mr. James how do you plead to the charge of Assault and Battery brought against you by Egypt Hanson?"

"My client pleads guilty Your Honor." Mr. Raymond said after a quiet few words with Kevin.

"Alright I am granting Mr. Hanson's application for a protection order and also one will be granted to Mr. Pits so don't get any ideas Mr. James." Egypt's hands were sweating buckets and he wiped them covertly on the legs of his slacks.

"I am dismissing case number 91 of 2017 – Egypt Hanson versus Kevin James for assault and battery." Egypt smiled when Sira sent him a happy smile.

"Mr. Pits I will not be asking you to enter a plea to the charge of Assault and Battery brought against you by Kevin James on the grounds of Mr. Pits defending his employee and neutralizing a dangerous person. Case number 92 of 2017 – Kevin James versus Joshua Pits dismissed." Egypt could literally see and feel the relief pouring off Joshua.

"Mr. James you have pleaded guilty in the charge of Assault and Battery and I fine you the sum of ten thousand dollars to be paid forthwith or one year imprisonment in lieu and in addition to that you will be required to attend an anger management class for a period of three months whereby my chambers will request a monthly report and based on what's in that report I will determine if you will be continuing or not such class. All of the relevant information will be forwarded to your attorney's office within two working days." The judge's gavel sounded loudly around the room making Egypt jump slightly.

"Thank you Your Honor." Sira gathered up her things and they all exited the court room.

Mason pulled Joshua into a huge hug when they were outside. "Oh my God!" Mason breathed holding Joshua tighter.

Egypt smiled at Joshua's expression when Mason refused to let him go even after five minutes of hugging his younger brother.

"Ease up tiger." Joshua chuckled and Mason reluctantly let him go.

"Celebratory lunch!" Sira announced.

"I'll call Bethany and tell her where to meet us." Egypt mumbled when they agreed on sea food.

"I'll call her." Mason said and walked away leaving Egypt staring at his shoes and Joshua staring at Egypt while Sira was furiously typing on her phone.

"She's gonna pick me up so Joshua you can have my car." Mason tossed his keys at Joshua who almost didn't catch them.

"Oh I have to stop by the office for at least half an hour." Sira blew out an exasperated breath and looked directly at Egypt.

"Um..." he was about to tell her he'd wait but Joshua cut him off.

"He can ride with me." Joshua said gruffly and Egypt's eyes snapped to him.

"O-Okay." Egypt stuttered and then Sira was gone, Mason walked to the curb waiting for Bethany and Egypt stood awkwardly until Joshua sighed.

"Come on." Egypt followed like a good little boy while trying not to stare at Joshua's booty. Damn that booty looked scrumptious in those dress pants. Almost or maybe just as sexy as his fitted jeans and sweats. Oh God and his boxer briefs that fit like second skin.

Get your mind out of the gutter! Egypt scolded himself and kept pace with Joshua's long strides until they got into the car.

The drive would only take about fifteen minutes with the amount of traffic so Egypt turned on the radio and hummed while he tapped a finger against his knee. It was one of those pop rock stations but he didn't bother since the music wasn't too bad and Egypt absolutely adored Jessie J.

"Your voice never ceases to amaze me." Joshua said when the song died and an advertisement started. He turned down the volume and Egypt blushed hard.

"Thanks." Egypt whispered and turned up the volume when a country song came on. Kane Brown was Egypt's country crush. He was like a walking contradiction to Egypt. Looking like a rapper but sounding like a freaking southern sex machine.

Joshua found a parking spot and Egypt followed him into the restaurant and slid into the chair Joshua held out for him.

"Oh God I want so much lobster right now." Egypt all but moaned and made Joshua look up from his menu to stare at the boy.

"Get whatever you want. My treat." Joshua said and Egypt blushed when the waiter approached.

"Um just one cheese stuffed lobster please and a water." Egypt muttered and handed his menu to Brad as his name tag read.

"I'll have the same with a platter of fried shrimp with the marinara sauce and water for me too." Joshua closed his menu and Brad nodded before leaving.

After five minutes of silence Joshua kind of lost his shit. Egypt was wrapped up in playing with his napkin and looking at anything but him and he couldn't look away from Egypt.

"How have you been?" Joshua asked and Egypt frowned at him confused as hell.

"What do you mean? You kicked me out and broke up with me. How do you expect me to be doing?" Egypt asked with all the attitude he could muster and Joshua felt like an ass.

"Sorry. Stupid question." Joshua mumbled.

"I miss you. I miss our apartment. I miss cooking for you and I miss being with you. I can't sleep because it's not your arms around me anymore." Egypt's eyes were red and glossy with the unshed tears in them.

"Egypt..." Joshua rasped. Each word Egypt said hitting him hard and directly in the heart.

"I don't care that you don't have a freaking degree Joshua and I don't care that you've been to jail. That's in your past. I know you won't ever hurt me." Egypt was on a roll as his hands were fisted on top of the table.

"I want you back and I want you to want me back. I-"

"Egypt I can't." Joshua rasped and Egypt swallowed past the lump in his throat.

"Can't or won't?"

"Both. I'm no good for you Egypt." Joshua said and couldn't even look Egypt in the eyes. Instead he focused on the little mole just above Egypt's top lip on the left side.

Joshua watched as Egypt fought down his tears by quickly blinking them away and taking some deep breaths. Joshua hated that he's the one that had Egypt so.

"Okay. Um... tell everyone I'm not feeling well. I'll take my food to go." Egypt stood and Joshua fought every cell in his body to not run after Egypt and beg him to stay. That he'll try again.

He deserves better. He deserves the best.

Joshua chanted and stayed in his seat even though it killed him to watch Egypt exit the restaurant with tears in his eyes and slumped shoulders.

*********************************************

A/N

I'm such an early bird!

and has any of you watched Super Lovers? omg it's so cute!