Chapter Twenty-Four

Egypt couldn't leave without kissing Joshua one last time. He saw the resolve in Joshua's eyes the last they spoke. There was no going back for either of them.

Egypt moaned when Joshua responded to his kiss. He sucked in Egypt's lower lip and did that toe curling thing he does with his tongue that Egypt was sure no other man could do. They kissed for God knows how long. Nothing sexual about it-everything emotional about it though.

Joshua's fingers tangled in Egypt's hair and his permanent scent of old spice in Egypt's nose brought fresh tears to Egypt's eyes as they languidly kissed in the parking lot.

"Hey guys." Mason approached slowly when their kiss trailed off into staring into each other's eyes. "We can drop Egypt off and Joshua could get a ride with us." Mason tilted his head in the direction of his car.

"Okay." Joshua stared as if he didn't think Egypt would accept the offer of not wanting the night to end just yet.

"Do you want to drive?" Egypt asked holding out the keys but Joshua shook his head in the negative.

"You drive so you can get a feel of her." Joshua hopped into the front seat and Egypt in the driver's seat.

The ride was filled with the songs on the radio and Egypt hummed along to some turning it up some more. Joshua closed his eyes and basked it.

When Egypt carefully pulled onto the driveway of his home Joshua got out and rounded the car to get Egypt's door.

"Dance with me Joshua." Egypt smiled and held out his hand to the man.

Joshua's lips tilted and he accepted pulling Egypt close. Cheek pressed against the side of Egypt's curly head, the soft strains of whatever song on the radio in the background and for once Egypt didn't care about the music.

They swayed just for a few moments until Joshua pulled back and looked at Egypt for a second and Egypt looked back. Then they embraced each other like long lost lovers except they were only now lost lovers to each other. Egypt's eyes squeezed tightly shut as Joshua whispered words of encouragement to him.

"I'm so proud of you Egypt. You'll do so well in your studies. You'll shine baby. You'll shine like the brightest star in the night sky." Egypt held onto Joshua tightly. As tightly as he could until his chest hurt.

"I love you. God I love you." Egypt felt the wet trails down his neck-no doubt they were Joshua's tears as the bigger man kept whispering his love for Egypt.

"Be safe and learn all that you can. Stay out of trouble and have fun." Joshua said into Egypt's neck all the while he cried, voice tight.

Egypt wanted to beg Joshua at that moment to be his again but at the same time he knew if Joshua hadn't broken up with him he wouldn't have made the decision to pursue his dream of music.

"I-I love you too Joshua and I'll do my very best." Egypt sniffled and Joshua finally released him.

"Bye Joshua." Egypt whispered and backed away from Joshua.

"Bye Egypt." Joshua mumbled back and walked away toward Mason and Bethany, both hands tucked into the pockets of his pants.

Egypt wiped his tears and gave one final wave to Mason, Bethany and Joshua.

"Have you finished all your packing?" Egypt's father asked him when he found enough courage to turn the car's engine off and step out instead of driving straight back to Joshua.

"Yea. I won't need your offer of a ride anymore. I got a car." Egypt said and his father frowned. Mr. Hanson had offered to take Egypt to his dorm but Egypt refused outright. He'd rather pay the huge taxi fare than be cooped up with the man for four hours.