Chapter 15: Empire Day

Hera's POV

I am getting very worried about Kanan and the others. I still haven't gotten permission to go on a rescue operation to get them back. I can't even get clearance to any of the ships in order to make sure I don't go off solo.

Instead, I have to pace or sit or wait for sitter person to say, "We have not come to a decision today. We will discuss it more tomorrow."

This was the third day of delay. The third day I have been told I have to wait for permission.

I sat outside the meeting room, tapping my foot anxiously, waiting for the meeting to finally end.

The doors opened, making me jump to my feet in anticipation, even though, in my mind, I was prepared to hear the bad news.

The Senator walked out smiling. "A team is being prepared for you. They should be all set my tomorrow morning. Congratulations, Captain Syndulla."

I wanted to jump and scream with joy, but that would be unprofessional. So, I just said, "Thank you, Senator," and ran out the door.

I was going back to my family.

One day later..............

I woke up first, maybe about an hour earlier than everyone else, just so I could triple check everything to make sure everything was prepared. I remembered how crowded the Empire was when I left, so I assumed it couldn't get too much worse than it already was.

I guess I just had too much on my mind to even think about what problems we might face. All I knew was that I was going to rescue my family, no matter what I might do.

I had to save them.

Ezra's POV

I didn't sleep that night. How could you sleep that night? All I could think about was how the capital was soon to burn today.

I stepped out of my tent and looked out at the city. I remembered all of the good times there, playing with Sarah before she left, stealing from the Empire, and meeting the Ghost crew. I also realized that all of that might soon be burned to the ground.

I decided to try and figure out what might have caused the Empire to do something like that.

-We ambush them and lead the entire city to rebel against them.

- The citizens rise up.

- The Empire goes crazy.

-..........

I didn't really have a definite reason. The Empire could have completely changed the way they do things. Maybe they will burn the entire city if a person drops a piece of fruit.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my shoulders. I jumped and turned around, getting ready to fight off that monkey assassin.

Sabine jumped back, too. "Woah, Ezra, I'm not a buckethead!" She started laughing. I started laughing, too.

We looked each other in the eyes. My face turned three shades of red; so did Sabine.

Zeb walked out of his tent. Sabine and I instantly pretended to be busy. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zeb smiling at us. I almost smiled, too.

That dusk...........

Hera's POV

The Empire almost doubled in size! How?! I was only gone for three days and this is what happens?!

Great....

The good news is that very few TIE Fighters were out.

Bad news is that more were quickly coming.

"All pilots," I ordered over the intercom, "follow my lead. Get into D7 formation and make shields and weapons your priority."

"Copy that," all of the pilots answered, and we went into formation.

Pretty  soon after that, we were able to take down all of those TIE Fighters. We all descended down towards the planet's surface.

Then, one ship got shot.

And another.

And another.

Then it was mine.

Sarah's POV

I sat with Ezra that night. We both knew we couldn't stop whatever was going to happen, but we could at least be prepared to face whatever was happening that night. We held hands and "stared" at the capital city. It all seemed so peaceful, so calm.

But, we knew that would all change very soon.

"I still think we should get closer to the city." Ezra muttered.

I responded, "But, we are just outside of the Empire's reach. Any closer could allow the Empire to track us."

Ezra sighed, and we were quickly in silence once more.

I heard an explosion in the distance. It was near the city.

I think the rest of the Ghost crew heard it, too, because everyone came around us and looked at the city, too.

"What's happening?" I asked.

Sabine answered, "Ships are crashing down from orbit. But... but they... look like..."

"Rebel ships." Caleb finished.

As if it were our instincts, we all jumped onto cruisers and rushed towards the city, praying the claim of them being rebel ships was wrong.

HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

I can't wait for season 4 to continue. I'm sad that I have to wait until February, though. :-(

~MarvelRebel27