Chapter 25: Time to Go

Sarah's POV

The pain in my scar completely vanished when I went back into reality.

Unfortunately, so did my sight.

Great. Back to the same-old red again.

I hit the ground hard. Thankfully, I didn't land on Ezra again. Everything already seemed different from when we left. Alarms were going off, troopers' footsteps came from all around us, and shots were being fired at an alarming rate. It was almost too much for my ears to handle.

"Ezra?! Sarah?!" a voice called, running over to us.

"Sabine!" Ezra said.

She helped us up and brought us back to Hera and Zeb, who were now at the base of the Temple, firing at stormtroopers.

"Thank goodness you two are okay!" Hera exclaimed. "Please tell me someone knows a way out of this mess..."

I had absolutely no idea. I don't know how they opened the Temple. All I know is that it had something to do with the patterns of hands.

The hands.

I turned to Ezra and asked, "How did you open the Temple?"

He answered, "I touched one of the hands of the people. Why?"

A shot came right past us. Ezra and I ducked behind a rock. I continued, "Would one of them be able to close it, or do... well... something to help us?"

Ezra stayed silent. I didn't know whether he was thinking, or just focused on not getting shot.

A few seconds later, he jumped up and ran to the spot where the people on the rocks were. He touched a spot on it.

I saw... like, actually saw... a man's hand move sideways and glow. I could only see the outline of Ezra from the glow, but it was enough to be able to watch him start to fall.

I started to run towards him, but Zeb was much faster than I was. He was able to catch him before he hit the ground.

Shortly after, I sensed a shot coming right for them. Quickly, I made a small shield around Zeb and Ezra. They were able to come back to the rock safe and sound, but Ezra was still unconscious.

Since Zeb was a better shot, I told him, "I'll get Ezra. Go help Hera and Sabine." He set Ezra down and went to help the others steal an armored walker.

I tapped Ezra on the cheek. "Come on, Ezra," I whispered to him, but mostly myself, "we need your help."

Zeb yelled back to me, "We got the walker. Come on!"

I lifted Ezra off of the ground with the Force and sprinted to the walker. I Forced Ezra up where Zeb was waiting to catch him. I jumped as high up as I could, catching Zeb's hand waiting to pull me up. He shut the door behind us. While I Forced Ezra onto a flat table, something strange happened.

I started to see.

A white glow was coming from the Temple. As that light grew, people and objects started to become clear. I saw Hera's surprised face as she began to shield her eyes from the glow. Sabine was moving towards Ezra to make sure he was okay. Zeb was climbing up to the top of the walker to fight back any troopers trying to come in. Ezra was starting to stir, but fell asleep again.

The light was coming from the Temple itself. I could finally see what the figures looked like. Two women and a man that looked similar to the Inquisitor from three years ago. The wolves circled the feet of the people, one of which was the large one Ezra and I saw in our connected visions. It had the same symbol Kanan wore.

I smiled. Kanan was always with us. He would never leave.

Soon, I even had to shield my eyes from the light that completely engulfed my new vision in white.

I don't remember if it was the light that made me fall asleep, or if it was the calming sensation of the Force all around me.

Later..................

I slowly woke up to the usual red color. I sighed. Why can't I just get one day of sight? I'm so used to it now that being blind feels weird.

I sat up and sensed around. Hera was not on board, but Sabine was sitting next to me sleeping. She woke up when I accidentally bumped her leg. She smiled. "Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah," I replied, "I'm okay. Just... confused. Where are we?"

The place was unfamiliar to me. I couldn't figure out where we were. Nothing seemed the same.

"Hera wanted to see you. She may know." Sabine said.

Before she left, I asked, "How's Ezra?"

"He's just unconscious," she answered, "he'll be fine."

I smiled and went out of the walker.

Hera wasn't very far from it. She stood still, looking straight ahead.

"Hey, Hera." I said.

She sort of jumped as if she were in a trance, turned to me, and smiled. "Hi. You feeling okay?"

I shrugged. "I guess. How are you holding up?"

"I'm okay."

"Where are we?"

"Well," Hera said, "This was where the Temple was. Now, there's... nothing. Everything around us is just grasslands and dirt."

No wonder I didn't recognize this place. I had always remembered it as the place where the Temple was.

Hera seemed to be staring at me. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

She put her hand up to her face and pointed to her right side. "What about your... scar?"

I felt it. It stung right on impact. I quickly pulled my hand away. As lightly as I could, I felt it.

It almost completely covered the right side of my face, twice as large as it was when we left for the Temple mission.

Man, I wish I could look in a mirror. I could actually be sure I was right.

Hera put her hand on my shoulder. "You should probably head back in. We will be heading back to base soon."

I nodded and walked back into the walker, scared for what this amount of exposed scar meant...

Scared about what might happen to people...

To the crew...

To me...

Now, I truly promise I will update more often.

~MarvelRebel27