Chapter 30: Trial

Ezra's POV

I went to the workshop to see how Sabine was doing. I know I asked her for something that could easily be impossible, but if it was able to help Sarah, I would ask for anything.

I opened the door to be blinded by the bright light of her welding something together. She stopped wielding and took her helmet off, a huge smile on her face. "I think I've got it!"

"Really?!" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure. This is the only one that hasn't sparked up before I welded them."

They looked like contacts, but the very center looked as if something were swirling in it.

"That is the Force signature." Sabine explained. "When they are placed on the user's eye, it should spread across it to give them sight."

I smiled. This might actually work.

"I just need to test it first." Sabine said.

Of course. I mean, why try it right on Sarah when there was a chance it still might not work?

Sabine placed the contacts carefully on what seemed like half spheres the same size as an eye. She went to a keypad and started it up.

It didn't seem to do much, but looking over at the keypad, a lot of things were happening. The amount of Force per centimeter was evening out, the contact's heat was staying the same, and the screen turned green, meaning it was ready to use.

"Yes!" we exclaimed, hugging each other. Sabine had made a way to give Sarah sight!

Sarah's POV

It gets really boring laying down and not being able to see. You can't look out the window to see what the other pilots are doing, you can't go on missions to try to defeat the Empire, and you can't even sit up without the huge chance of falling off from not having any balance whatsoever!

I wanted to at least stand up and not fall flat on my face. I have already tried to stand, but Hera quickly caught me before I fell. I didn't realize how much the Force and sight had helped me throughout my life. I wish I didn't need to depend on it for everything.

Sadly, I do. Without it, I couldn't tell if someone was shooting at me, what someone looked like, or even who I was talking to if I didn't recognize their voice.

Being blind has a lot of downsides.

It isn't all bad, though. I have learned how to distinguish one thing from another using the Force. I have even gotten better at recognizing the way people speak and how they are feeling based off of that.

The main door opened. Multiple pairs of feet came running through the room. "Sarah!"

Ezra. I smiled. "Hey. What's going on?"

"We made it!" It was Sabine. By the way her voice was slowly getting higher, I'm guessing it was something really good.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Sabine answered, "We figured out a way for you to see again!"

If I were not already laying down, I would have probably fallen from surprise. "Really?!" But then, I thought of something. "You guys aren't going to disobey Hera's orders of these cuffs right?" I didn't want them to get into trouble with Hera for me.

"No," Ezra explained, "but Sabine made contacts using the Force signature from the Temple. Since you were able to see inside of the Temple, we sued that the give you sight!"