11%

•Alana's pov•

I reach the bottom of the stairs and see a bunch of familiar faces.

I feel anxiety bubbling in my tummy. I take a breath in then out and reassure myself that it will be okay.

I take the final step off of the bottom of the stairs, Ruby following me.

I smile and enter the living room.

I lock eyes with Pete as soon as I enter.

Does he know?

I brush it off and I go sit beside dad.

"Hi, dad." I say and look up at him.

"Hey, kid." He replies, looking down at me and smiling softly.

"Do you wanna go meet the boys?" He asks.

"Yeah!" I reply, full of energy.

"Okay. Have fun. Some people are out the back or in the kitchen, and in here." He states whilst I stand up. He stands up too and kisses me on the head before walking away.

I smile before walking over to Andy.

"Hi, I'm Ally." I say, quietly.

He smiles at my sudden shyness.

"Hey there. How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good, thanks. How are you?" I retaliate.

We continue small talk until someone butts in.

"Hi, um. Everybody is gonna go into the pool now. Brendon said that your stuff for swimming is on your bed. Bye!" Tyler says before walking away.

I have a fan girl moment and Andy notices.

He chuckles and stands up.

"I'm gonna go join the guys. It was nice talking with you, Ally." Andy says.

"You too, Andy." I reply, smiling.

I then leave just behind Andy.

I walk upstairs and into my room to change but Pete is in there.

"Ally."

"Pete."

"Please, show me your wrists."

"No."

"Ally..."

"I said no, Pete."

"Okay, you don't need to show me. But seriously, tell Brendon. If you don't then I will. He deserves to know."

"....fine."

"I care, Ally. I might not show it all the time but I really do. I really care."

"Thanks, Pete."

We both smile at my unintentional reference and then Pete hugs me before walking out.

I start getting changed.

I pull my swimwear up to my chest and then face the mirror so I can fix it.

"Naked human! Okay, bye." Ruby says, clearly embarrassed.

She closes the door and I continue to fix my one-piece.

I grab a mermaid towel and I wrap it around my waist. I walk downstairs then go outside.

I smile and wave at my dad and his friends. I laugh at Patrick and Andy who are wrestling.

I'm pretty sure Ruby likes Josh because she won't go near him.

I make my way over to the lounge chairs and sit on the one beside Josh.

"Hi, Josh." I say. Quickly taking my towel off and putting it over me as a blanket.

"Hey! You're Ally? Brendon and Dallon's kid?"  He questions, smiling at me.

I return the gesture "Yeah! That's the one." I reply.

"What was going on with you and that girl earlier." He asks.

I give him the "really?" look.

"Okay, okay. I know you guys were kissing, but are you a couple?" He clarifies.

"Ummmm, I don't know. Maybe." I say, not really knowing the answer.

"Oh, Cool. You don't need to know, you're only a kid. You should have fun." He states.

"I guess. But, why do I have school? That's not fun." I reply.

"True. But it's summer now. So you don't need to go back for 3 months. And you'll really enjoy summer." He says before winking and then laughing.

"What?" I question.

"You'll find out tonight. I didn't say anything, though." He chuckles before getting off of the chair and running up to do a backflip from the roof to the pool.

He succeeds and I give him a loud whistle and a clap.

He bows and starts laughing.

We stay out for ages. Everyone gradually finding themselves back inside. I join them eventually. Everybody is in the living room. I quickly run upstairs and change. I put on a long All Time Low t-shirt that goes down to my knees and a pair of shorts. I walk back downstairs, phone in hand.

"We have something to tell you..." Brendon says.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
:)

Remember:
•smile!🍒
•eat!🍐
•drink!🍋
•shower!🍊
•take meds if needed!🍇
And remember that you're loved and people care! 🍉

🚦I'm here if people need to talk!

735 words, loves!💚