IMAGINE NINE

Dear Little Sister:

You sat on the steps swinging your legs back and forth, grinning widely. The excitement ready to explode as you were ready to tell your older brother about your day.

Seeing a grey chipped up old car, your smile only widened more. "Onii-chan!" You shout.

Jumping of each step, you run happily to Shima. Hugging him from his legs due to your height, you squeeze him as he squeezed you back lovingly.

"Ah, imouto. How was your first day of school?" He asks picking you up. Huffing loudly you begin to ramble.

Putting you in the backseat, Shima starts the car looking behind the rear view mirror grinning at your bubbly attitude.

"And then, I played with nice kids—"

"(y/n)-chan slow down huh?"

"Baka, I'm telling you about my first day!" You say with fiery attitude.

Arriving home it was the same thing as usual. Both of you walk in to an empty household, making a sad expression on your face.

Shima ruffles your pink hair, "hungry?"

Grinning ear to ear you answer; "always."

As night approached Shima tucked you into bed. Closing the door, he sighs to himself. Walking to the kitchen, he sat down opening a notebook.

It was about 9PM and he was now starting homework. The assignment: write a letter to the one you hold dearly to your heart.

Grabbing his pencil, the pinkette didn't have to second guess any thoughts.

This assignment is dedicated to my little sister.

Dear little sister,

  Thank you. I want to thank you for being apart of my life. I can't believe you're growing up, now you're in kindergarten and it feels like yesterday you were barely walking or talking.

   I know I'm not that best brother, I'm the greatest cook or the best when it comes to academics but I will give you all my love. For you are my imouto and I, your onii-chan.

   One day you will become a strong beautiful woman who I know will go far into life. Though as for right now I'll keep you under control.

  I will l—

"Onii-chan..." you came in rubbing your sleepy eyes.

"(y/n)-chan, what are you doing up?"

Yawning you waddled over to Shima climbing on his lap. "Nightmare?" He questions. Nodding you rest your head on his chest "I miss them." You whisper.

The cracking in your voice made Shima's heart shatter, "I know...but I'll be here for as long as you want." He promises.

"Forever?"

"Forever"

Sighing in content your eyes slowly close.

"Just make sure no boys until you're—"

Gazing down at you, Shima lightly smiles. Standing up he closes his notebook and walks into his room.

Laying you on his bed he watched you sleep with a thumb in your mouth; a terrible habit.

Everything will be fine, we'll be okay.

Dear little sister, I will love you always.

FIN.