IMAGINE ELEVEN

#1 Dad:

A title on a mug I don't deserve.

"Well do you like it? Uncle Rin helped me pick it out!"

I stare down at my five year old daughter, a girl version of myself. Her smile was wide, feet moving back and forth and nervousness written all over.

#1 Dad huh?

I'm not saying that I don't love it because I do. It's just...do I truly own up to the title?

For starters, her mother who I barely knew suddenly had a baby in her arms at 2 in the morning on my front porch at the age of seventeen claiming it was mine.

In other words I had an unprotected one-night-stand.

Secondly, I have a dead beat job. Fixing cars is not something I want to do for eternity.

Third, I can't pay the bills on a few occasions. It's either lights or water.

Fourth–hell there's a lot of reasons why I shouldn't be handed this mug. I'm a young father who can't live up to the standards of being a #1 Dad.

"I think you live up to the stanfards!" She exclaimed. I smile as she pronounced 'standards' incorrectly.

Wait, was I talking out loud?

"You give me kisses, lots of em! A-and you always put a smiley face on my lunch box! And um..um..y-you give the bestest hugs ever!"

I quirk an eyebrow playfully, sitting down, "do I really?"

"Uh huh!" She nods fiercely. "So I think you deserve the mug, and who ever has a problem can talk to me and my fist!"

Scooping her up, I hug her tightly kissing the top of her head. "Thank you munchkin, I feel like the greatest dad in the universe."

"The universe?" She gawks

"The universe."

FIN.

•••••••••••

A/N - idek i just started typing and it went downhill, hit a car and safely rolled into a fallen dumpster. Soz.