IMAGINE SIXTEEN

The peanut butter, to your jelly
The sun, to your shine:

He couldn't understand how someone so beautiful could hate themselves so much.

The same distant look in you eyes each time as he talked you. He wanted to know what was going through your mind, possibly be of help.

That's all Shima ever wanted.

You couldn't understand why he wanted to help. Maybe he noticed a change in your tone, less smiles that were now fake. But your mom always told you: "fake it, 'till you make it."

And you didn't know if you could make it.

The day had been partially rainy, as small droplets fell down onto the bench. The silence has been comfortable as you gazed into the distance, for what it felt like forever.

You had caught the attention of Shima as he sat right next to you. His eyes memorizing all the details of your face, from A to Z.

"You're really something."

You snapped out of your day dream, "Excuse me?" You said confused. "You're really something. Like a different species." Shima pondered.

"Are you calling me an alien Renzō?" You punched his arm in a joking manner.

Shima's features soften and a smile erupted on his peachy skin as he locked his fingers with yours smoothly. "If that meaning you're special in your own beautiful way then yeah...you're an alien."

Your eyes wide with shock as he kissed the back of your hand. "What're you playing at Shima." You whisper dangerously.

"Nothing at all. I've just realized...you're perfect."

You blush at his endless compliments mumbling a quiet thank you, "I'm anything but." You wave him off quickly.

Inwardly frowning, Shima then took your other hand, "we are, our own worst critics when it comes to any and everything. You can judge yourself from your looks to your work ethic and it'll come out perfect." He said.

"Shima but I–" you interrupt

"I'm not done." He shushes you

"I don't know what's been going on with you for the two months and I don't know who could've taken away your sunshine but I'm here to tell you I'll be the sunshine."

"Shima..."

"I'll be your sunshine. When it's a cloudy day, I'll be the little brightness trying to shine through and make a rainbow."

You stare softly at him, lips quivering. He didn't know exactly what was going on but he was here no matter what. And that meant everything to you.

"Well then, what can I be to you, Renzō?" You say, shedding a tear of happiness. Shima somehow smiles wider, wiping the tear with the pad of his thumb.

"Yourself."

After that day, the both of you stuck together through thick and thin never leaving one another.

By then you had been officially titled: "the peanut butter, to his jelly." Since it had always been his favorite snack and you have always been his favorite.

And he forever being: "the sun, to your shine."

FIN.