IMAGINE TWELVE

Baby, Baby, Baby:

Staring at the stick you held in your hand, you refused to believe what you were viewing.

A '+' sign. As in pregnant. As in having a baby and becoming a parent.

"Babe?" A knocking sound was heard from afar. Your heart sunk not exactly knowing how Shima would react.

You both had only been together for two years, dating at the age of twenty; you weren't sure and still aren't of how long the relationship is going to last but you love him.

That you're sure of.

"Y-yes?" You stutter, "the doors locked..." Shima's voice trailed off. Your mind was running all over the place. Children have never been a discussion.

"Babe!"

Jumping in shock you abruptly hid the test and opened the door a second after. "S-sorry...just not feeling well." You smile falsely.

Shima frowns putting a hand to your forehead "don't feel warm" he pesters. "Thanks for the info Doctor Renzō" you reply slickly in a joking manner.

Humming with a smile on his lips, he kisses your head softly "drink tea, I'll be out in a minute or two."

Doing as you were told you walk into the kitchen putting a hand on your stomach. Though a smile danced on your lips as an image a little version of you appeared.

An arm wrapped around your waste as you were pulled away from the day dream. "You seem out of it today mmh?" Shima's voice popped up.

"What do you think of kids?" You asked promptly. Before you could take back the sudden slip up, Shima answered–

"Their cute. Whiny but cute, why?"

"It's just...a friend of mine–you don't know her! But she recently told me she's pregnant and she's not sure how here boyfriend would react."

"Interesting..."

"How would you react?"

Taken back by that question Shima cleared his throat, "um..I'd love to have kids someday. Just not now? I guess I want to enjoy my freedom before a baby comes into the picture."

Faltering a bit you inwardly frown "oh." Seeing your reaction Shima shook his head fiercely "wait wait, babe...I didn't mean it like that! It's–"

Slowly walking back you nod "I need to lie down for a few"

Hearing the door slam slightly Shima ran his fingers through his hair, trying to process what he did wrong.

Part one of two

FIN.