Fight it.

Elle's POV

Hours passed, probably about 6, before they decided to let me out. My face was red and my cheeks were soaked with tears when they dragged me back to the "socializing" room and shoved me down on the couch.

Hugging my legs, I rocked back and forth muttered, don't be afraid of the dark. The creatures are at their most powerful then, especially when you feed them fear. How am I not supposed to be fearful though?

I swallowed and wiped some of the tears away from my face. My voice was gone from screaming the whole time I was in that room. None of the other patients seemed to notice me, which I was happy about. A nurse came in with a man beside him and I looked, realizing it was Dr. Price.

I got up and ran over hugging him tightly and shoving my face in his shirt. He was sort of a father figure for me since I didn't have one.

He seemed shocked but he tightly hugged me back before pulling me away at arms length looking over my face.

"What happened to your neck?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

I brought my hand up and lightly touched the bruises on my neck that I had now only just noticed.

"A demon," I croaked out, swallowing a little.

He led me over to a table where we could talk in private. I sat down still shaking, unable to bring myself to look in his eyes.

"Elle, you know demons are in your head," he said patting my hand.

I pulled it away and tucked it under my arm shaking my head violently.

"Then how did I get the bruises?" I choked out.

He looked at my neck then back at my face but I looked away once again.

"I don't know, that's why I need you to tell me," he said softly,"it wasn't one of the nurses was it?"

Shaking my head a little, I glanced around the room and now spotted Harry sitting in the spot I'd just been in. I stared at him drifting off from what Dr. Price was saying.

"Elle," he said touching my arm making me flinch away so violently I almost fell out of my chair.

He looked at me with more concern then I'd ever seen in that face of his.

"What's going on? Tell me," he said very gently as if talking to a child.

Shakily I looked over to Harry then back at Dr. Price.

"The demon," I whispered looking back at Harry.

This time his eyes followed mine and he spotted Harry too.

"Did he do this?" Dr. Price asked getting to his feet.

I nodded a little and kept my eyes on the boy.

"I'll take care of that, he can be removed from this hospital and you can heal," he said pulling me to my feet.

"He isn't the demon, the demon is in him," I said pushing Dr. Prices hand away,"it won't leave him alone. His eyes turn black when the demon takes over."

He looked at my with a sad look, and I knew he didn't believe me.

"Demons aren't real, monsters aren't real, there's no reason to be afraid of those kinds of things," he said.

"You wouldn't know would you!" I said raising my voice,"everyday I'm forced to sit here, trapped, because I can't get away! They come after me and I can't do a thing about it because no one can see them but me! And I'm scared, I'm scared to death. Everyday I wake up hoping to die."