Fucking Asshole.

This was the second time I woke up to the cracking of a fire, only this time there was also the rumble of thunder. Opening my eyes and sitting up a little I saw Harry leaning against a tree, eyes closed. We were under an over hang of low tree branches that mostly protected us and the fire from the rain. I was still only in the shirt from the ward, it was cold as hell, and I was all cut up. But from what? The only thing that cut me up was.. the monsters, but I thought that was only in my head? Schooching closer to the fire I pushed the thought out if my mind and stuck my hand in a little to far burning my skin.

"Fuck," I muttered pulling it back and rubbing the burned area.

Harry sat up and opened his eyes letting out a small yawn. He licked his lips and rubbed his eyes, yet to lay them on me. I decided that Harry and I could stick together but I wasn't going to take his crap and I wasn't going to be so nice and just give into him.

"You're up," I said sitting up a little straighter and pulling my knees to my chest.

"Yeah, and so are you," he said looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"What happened to your face?" I asked looking at the fire.

"Nothing, what happened to yours, and your neck?" He asked coming closer to me.

I quickly moved away, almost as if I had flinched, before touching my neck lightly.

"What's wrong with my neck?" I asked feeling no pain when I touched it.

"There's a hand print burned into your skin all the way around it," he said reaching out to touch me.

"Stop," I said pushing his hand away," I don't know what happened but it doesn't matter, we'd better get going."

I stood up and brushed the dirt off me as best I could before shivering again.

"Are you crazy? It's pouring, we'll get sick, then we're defiantly screwed," he said pulling me back down.

I didn't fight him and stayed where I was curling up.

"Why did you even leave me in the first place?" I asked bitterly.

I saw him close his eyes and cover his face with one hand for a moment.

"I didn't want you to end up like Taylor," he said with a small sigh, dropping his hand.

"Taylor?" I asked feeling a ping of jealousy, making me curse mentally.

"Yeah, she was at the ward before you showed up. I got really close to her, I liked her so much hell I even loved her," he said with a scoff.

"And?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I killed her."

I gasped quietly, taken aback by this. Trying to form the right words I stuttered for a moment making me sound scared.

"You killed her?" I asked,"why? What did she ever do to you?"

"I got to close to her, the demon loved what I would do to her while I loved her, he took over and I couldn't stop him," he said dropping his head.

I blinked a couple times seemingly frozen in the awkward position I had come to find myself in, when something clicked in my mind.

"Are you saying you love me?" I asked quietly.

He lifted his head and his eyes met mine, he didn't have to speak for me to know the answer.

"No!" I said quickly getting to my feet and stumbling back a little,"don't say that, don't you dare! How could you? After everything you've done to me? And that fact you've known me for what, not even 5 days?!"