Chapter Seven

Daryl laid down beside Beth as she slept. He made sure that he was not touching her, but try to stay as he could. It was comforting knowing she was beside him. He did not know why, but he stop questioning his feelings after they burned down the house. He knew he could trust Beth.
As he looked at her soft face when she slept, and he could not help but feel bad for her. She had lost everything, yet she still tries to make him happy. The whole day all she did was make him laugh and smile. She was one of a kind. The last ray of good left in this shit hole of a world they lived in. 
She started to shift in her sleep and ended up snuggling her head into his chest. He did not dare to breath, let alone move. She was comfortable... so damn comfortable. He liked her in his arms... He liked it a lot. 
No matter how much he want to just watch her, sleep was to hard to escape.

~

Beth woke up in the middle of the night. She was in Daryl's arms. Strong and Safe. That what they are to her. She would never have to worry. She could trust Daryl with anything... anything.

~

Beth work up the next morning later then she usually does. Last night was the best Beth has slept in a long time. When she reach over, and noticed that Daryl was not there she shot up. She looked around the tree stand and he was not there. She went over to the door and when she could not find him, panic could started to sink in. She walked into the stand and grabbed her back pack. Daryl's bag was gone, along with his cross bow. She walked over to the broken latter, that Daryl must have fixed. It was only a rope now, and Beth did not want it to snap on here again. But she had to go and look for Daryl. She started to slowly slid down the rope, trying her best not to brake her next. When she finally hit the ground she let out a sigh. She started to look for something that might lead her his way.

“Bethy. What are you doin'” She heard from behind her. She spun around to see her Dad looking at her.

“Daddy?”

“Yes Bethy. It's me.” He said. “Come over here.”

Beth ran up to him to give him a hug, but once she touched him something felt wrong. He was cold and felt clammy. She went to look up at him, but his head was missing. Beth let out a scream and stepped back. The headless body started to follow her. Beth thought she was going to be sick; she started to run backwards but tripped over something.... His head... She she had tripped over her fathers head. She let out another loud scream.

“What is wrong Bethy?” He asked, and the head gave her a wicked smile.

~

Daryl heard the scream from inside of the hunters stand and went to see what was wrong. He climbed the rope latter, that he had fixed as much as he could, faster then ever. Beth had tears in her eye and she was looking around the little room frantic. When she saw Daryl she started to cry even more. He walked up to her and sat down to see if she was hurt.

“What happened.”

She shook her head back and forth. “It was just a nightmare... Just a stupid nightmare.”

“Well then why are you crying.”

She started to sniffle. “In the beginning of the dream, you.. you were gone, I could not..could not find you. So I left and...”

She could not finish he sentience without crying harder. Daryl thought it would be best to let sleeping dogs lay. He put a hand on her shoulder and to his surprise, she jumped into his arms. If only he had waited for her to wake up, or tell her that he was going to get something for them to eat. He held her tight as she, letting her cry on his shoulder. Like she had done for him back at the house... He would be there for her, as much as she needed.
Daryl started to think what the dream was about. Should he ask what it was about? Does she even want to talk about it? She he asks her if she wants to talk about it? What if that makes her more upset? What if it makes her upset that he did not ask about it?... He sighed. Feelings were not Daryl strong suit. And he hope that Beth knew that, but he did not want to take the chance. 
He pulled her back to see if she wanted to talk. When he locked eyes with her, everything started to fall around him. It was only him and her; the reality of that started to sink in. Any for a split second he was happy with that. He was okay with nothing more then just him and Beth. 
Everything was moving fast, but somehow, her lips ended up on his.

~

Beth looked at his eyes and everything started to spin. Everything about him said “Safe...Safe...Safe”. He was perfect and for a little bit all of her problems went away. She did not know what had came over her, but she found herself kissing Daryl. His lips were shocked at first, but after a second the started to do the work. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her. His hands on her hip, holding her ever so genitally. His chest was pressed up against her, and she could feel the muscles in his back. An odd feeling went through Beth, she had never felt this way with anyone she had ever been with. When they pulled away, both of them were breathing very heavy. Beth rested her head on his, and she could tell he was smiling.

“Hungry?” He asked her, still out of breath.

“Yes” she said, but for some reason she could not move. His eyes stared through her, and at the moment she knew that Daryl was probably the best thing that had ever happened to her. He lifted her off of his lap, and sat her down on the old mattress. He got up slowly, then offered her a hand up.

~

Daryl hated himself for being so happy about what had happened. He knew it was wrong. It was Beth for god sakes.. The daughter of once of his best friends, who had not even been dead for four days yet. She was young and sweet and too good for him. He could not act on his feeling. 'She was just in a bad set of mind. That's all. We all need comfort, and that is what I am to her. Comfort.' He thought to himself. But he knew that there was something between him He could feel it in the air. 
As he looked at the fire dance on the squires he had found when she was sleeping. He thought of a solution to the problem.

“I am sorry.” Beth said from the other side of the fire.

He looked up at her. “For?”

“What I did. I should have asked you. That was stupid of me to do” she said. “And without your permission...” She paused. “The last thing you need is a little girl crushing over you.”

“Beth.” Daryl said. He wanted. Wish! That he could just tell her that it was okay. Everything was okay.That, he loved her so much and would do anything. 'Love?...Love...Love!' He almost chocked on his non existing words. He let out a breath got up from the fire. “It's fine... But I need to take a walk. You'll can have the rest of the food. I will be back soon, promise.”

Then he walked off.

Sorry it was so short.