Chapter 15

Beth thought that she was going to go crazy. Daryl avoided her, at almost all cost. And when he was not ignoring her, he would be cold. If she walked into the living room, he would go and do something outside. If she asked him if he was hungry, he would say no, but ten minutes later go and get something to eat. Now, Beth could understand that he might just need his space for a day. But this had been going on for almost four days! She knew that she was going to have to say something. If she did not they were going to become so distant; It would become as bad as it had been the day after the prison attack. Daryl would crawl back into his shell and never talk to Beth about anything. She cared about him too much to let that happen.

Beth was cleaning around the house when Daryl walked in.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Straighten up,” Beth said lightly.

He looked down at the rag and back up at her. “Do you think that it’s smart to waste water? You know winter is around the corner and Mother Nature does not care if the coffee table is dusty.”

“Oh,” she said. “I just thought it would be nice to live somewhere clean.”

He looked at her for a moment. “Well, we should not be getting too comfortable here anyway.”

“I know that Daryl.” She snapped.

“Do you?” He said. “Never mind. I am going to get fire wood.”

“But…” Before she got the rest of the sentence out, he left. She sighed. “You got fire wood yesterday.”

~

Daryl walked out of the house as quickly as possible. He knew that he was being a dick head and he did not want her to be upset. If only there was some way to make sure she was safe but not have to be around her. It's not like he disliked being around her, he loved it, but it was for her own good. He cared too much for Beth, to ever make the same mistake that he made four nights ago. He wished that it was different, but it wasn’t. If Glenn, or Maggie, or Rick, or anyone else was there with them, then he would not have to worry. But they were alone, all to them self, all of the time. He could go back into that house, scoop Beth up, and there would be no one to stop them. This made Daryl smile a little bit, and started wondered if she would let it really happen. His smile felt quickly. Beth would not say no, and that scared Daryl the most. She wanted him, just as much as he wanted her. He found that out the hard way.

Daryl did not like walking on egg shells. He did not like having to be away from her just so he would not sleep with her. It angered that he could not ignore his feelings like he had before. This anger caused him to be a major ass face when he was around her.

He started to though the woods, trying to keep he distance from the house. Daryl had gotten fire would yesterday, they had plenty. He was going to need to think of something else to find before going back to the house. He finally made the decision to go out and find something to kill. Animal or Walker...

~

Beth started to walk back and forth in the middle of the kitchen. Daryl had been gone for hours and it was starting to get dark. She was beyond worried at this point. She was angry, and scared, and in a horrific panic.

It would be pointless to go out looking for him because of how dark it was. Yet she still had the urge to grab her knife, go out side, and try her best to track him down.

The sun was just over the tree line and she finally gathered her things. Once she made a step for the front door she heard the back door open. She let out a sigh. She was filled with so much joy and so much anger at the same time.

"Okay!" Beth called through the house, sitting the knife down in the living room. She did not want to fight with Daryl and have a knife in her hands at the same time.. "I know you need your space and all, but this is a little ridiculous." She started to walk to the kitchen. "You can't just leave for hours while I was in mid sentence-"

When Beth walked into the Kitchen she saw the squirrel that he had set out on the able. She saw the mud and dirt that he had dragged in. She saw the blank stare he gave her as she stopped talking. But he... was not Daryl.

"And, who might you be?" Asked the stranger.

I am sorry for the short chapters. I promise that i am working hard on the next chapter and intend to make it a big one. I hope you guys like where this is going. Give me a star. And if you want to see something differet, then just tell me.

I hope ya'll enjoyed

Love you all

Puddles Out~