why now?

Me and wally were walking home from the resterant where we just had our 12th date... yes ive been keeping track. So what. "Sooo... you know if bats has any mis-" i cut wally off my covering hisvmouth with my hand and say " we shouldnt talk about that stuff here. He smirkes and grabbed my wrist and kissed it. I blushed. Wally lwaned forward to kiss me and i met him the rest of the way. Everything was great until i felt my head bash into a wall. At first i thought it was wally and i looked up to see him have the same shocked look. " so sick grayson is a nerd and a fag, who wouldve known?" One of the bullies from school said sarcastically. " so how much is he payin you to just be around him?"
" i dont know what your talking about he isnt paying me anything" wally yelled
" seriously? Then it must be out of pity" he smirked whick only made wally mor e pissed off. I vision was still blury but i could tell that wally had just punched him in the face. I felt someone pick me up and kiss me. I felt lips on my neck and someone whispering " i love you..." i recognized the voice as wallys
" i love you too" replied
" your head okay? i saw a bit of blood"
"Yeah im fine just alittle tired is all" i tell him
" well lets get you home" he tells me and pecks me on the cheek
Bonus
It was the end of the day and i was at my locker with my head all stitched up.  " so wheres your " boyfriend" now grayson?" I heard the same guy from last night ask.
I was about to reply with a clever comment when i heard " right here actually" i heard wally say as he picked me.up leaving him eith a shocked look along as a few others.