3) Holding Hands

Eleven's POV

It was really awkward after Mike got out of the car. I said goodbye to him and that made me really sad. I knew I couldn't stay with him anymore. I was Jane Hopper now.

I liked living with Hop, and I liked having a dad. But I really missed Mike. And I liked being called El. It made me feel special. Hopper never called me El. Or Eleven. It was always "Jane."

I wasn't really sure what to call Hopper. Mike and the boys called him Chief. That didn't feel right. I already had a Papa. Was I supposed to call him dad? That's what I was thinking about when he snapped me back into reality.

"So...you and Wheeler huh?"
Oh gosh. I knew this was coming. We were holding hands after the Snowball. I wasn't sure if he saw it or not..now I know that he did.
"Um..yeah. I guess so."

What were we? I loved Mike. And I knew Mike loved me. But what do you call that?
"You guess so? C'mon Jane. I saw you two holding hands. You really think I'm naive enough to think that's all you've done?"
"N-nnaive?"

"It means..ugh. It's hard to explain. Let's just say I know better than to assume that two teenagers that are "in love" were just holding hands."
"But we were just holding hands."
"That's..all? Nothing else?"

"Well he kissed me but so what?"
"He WHAT?"
Oops.