23) Aunt Becky

Mike's POV

After dinner I called Chief Hopper. It was Friday, and Eleven had missed a week of school. I told our teachers she had the flu. I couldn't keep up the lies much longer.

The Chief didn't answer my call. I shouldn't be surprised. I called El's phone, though I was pretty sure he'd taken it. Surely he knew I'd try to text her.

Going to see mama..and she was excited? I didn't know much about her mom. Her name was Terry Ives..and she was somehow brainwashed.

I think El's Aunt Becky was there too. Eleven told me that her Aunt tried to call the bad men last time she was there though. Why was she excited about going back?

Eleven's POV

Why was Hopper taking me to see Mama? And how did he know where she was?

"How do you know where to find Mama?" We haven't talked much at all this trip. It's been long, silent, and awkward.

"Joyce and I were researching the lab and found a newspaper about her. We looked up her address, found your Aunt Becky, and she told us about you. We were looking for Will."

I didn't really like Aunt Becky. She tried to call the bad men. She showed me my old room, fed me, treated me like family.

And then tried to have me sent away. Friends don't lie. She told me I was safe. She lied. I didn't like Aunt Becky.

I liked Mama. I missed Mama too. She didn't talk much. She led me to my sister..Kali. I miss Kali as well. Maybe we can go find Kali.

"Can we go see my sister?" Why not ask Hop?
"Your who?" Oops..I guess I forgot to tell him.
"Um..when I left. I found Mama. But you know that..anyway. Mama led me to find Kali, my sister. She's a number too."

"She's two?" He didn't understand.
"No. Her number is 008. She has powers."

"Ohh so that's where you got your MTV Punk outfit." I smiled to myself.
"Bitchin."