4) Sorry, Mike.

Eleven's POV

Hopper slammed on the breaks. He pulled over on the road and parked the car. Then he turned to face me.

"You wanna say that again? I couldn't have heard you right. I could've swore you said he kissed you.."

"Um..I mean...Yeah. He kissed me. He was showing me how to dance, and a slow song came on and he just leaned in." I tried not to look too dreamy when I said that, but I think I failed.

"That's it." Hop put the car in gear and turned around. I didn't realize where he was going until we were there.

I tried to calm him down, but there was no use. I couldn't take back what I had said. I hoped Mike wouldn't be too upset. I was just excited. I wanted to share my favorite part of the night. How was I supposed to know that it would get Mike in trouble?

I ran after him as Hopper stormed through the door.
"Mike? Michael Wheeler!" Oh no. This was really bad. Nancy came down the stairs and around the corner.

"Oh, it's just you. What do you need, Chief?" She didn't see me standing behind him. This would not end well for Mike.

"Sorry, Nancy, but could you please get your brother? It's urgent." Hop's voice was colder with every word. Nancy told us that he had just gotten into the shower. Great. She invited us in to sit and wait. Even better.

After many long, silent, awkward minutes, Mike walked downstairs casually. I swear he stood up taller when he saw me. His hair was a drippy wet mess, but he still looked cute to me.

We made eye contact and I gave a small smile. He returned it, and then looked over at Hopper. His smile faded. As he walked into his living room, all I could say was, "Sorry, Mike."