15) My Friends

Third Person POV

Mike and Eleven finally showed up to lunch. The party was already sitting at their regular table. Dustin sat on the end, with Lucas beside him. Max sat on the other side of Lucas, across from Will. Beside Will there were two empty seats. One for Mike, and one for El. They sat down.

"Finally stopped making out long enough to join us for a meal?" Dustin laughed and Lucas fist bumped him. Eleven turned bright red and Mike playfully shoved Dustin.

So far everything was fine. Dustin was showing El how to go through the lunch line. Mike, Will, and Lucas decided it would be best to keep Eleven as far from Max as possible.

It worked in everyone's favor when the telekinetic teenager was happy. Lucas tried to reassure her that El didn't hate her, but Max knew better.

Eleven's POV

The lunch line was very stressful. There were so many choices, and kids kept bumping into me and calling me names, telling me to hurry up.

They were mean to Dustin, too. It made me mad. He told me not to do anything. He said it wouldn't help. That upset me even more.

I forgot everything when I came out of the line and saw a redhead at my table. She was sitting beside Lucas, who was across from Mike.

I guess I didn't notice her when I sat down the first time. I was too embarrassed by Dustin's jokes about me and Mike. My face was equally red now, but this time it was out of anger.

I tried to calm myself down. I turned towards Dustin and he was perfectly normal. Then he noticed that I'd seen Max. He knew it was about to be bad.

"El, I know you're mad. Listen. Nothing happened between her and Mike. They were talking once, but he told her she couldn't be in our party. Now she's dating Lucas. You have nothing to worry about. Don't do anything you'll regret...okay? Eleven? Okay?"

I closed my eyes and nodded slowly. Okay. I could get through this. I would just focus on Mike and Dustin. They were my friends. I could do this.