27) Ten Minutes

Mike's POV

We got out of school today due to weather. It's storming really badly. It's Monday. The third week Eleven has been gone.

Around lunchtime there was a break in the rain. I told my mom I was going to Dustin's, and then I got on my bike and rode away.

I pulled up to El's cabin in the woods about half an hour later. The door was closed, just like I'd left it. I went up and pulled on the doorknob.

Locked.

That was weird. I knocked three times, and no one answered. I used our secret "Mike" in Morse code knock, and waited. I did it again, and then again. After the third time, the locks started turning from the inside.

The door swung open and there stood Chief Jim Hopper. The man that took my girl.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You didn't tell anyone? You just picked up and left! And you took her with you!" I pointed at El across the room as I yelled at Hopper. After I was down scolding him, I ran over to her.

"Mike."
"Eleven."

We still weren't supposed to be dating, but as of right now, I didn't care. I just wanted to see her, hug her, hold her.

I pulled her in for a hug. I didn't want to let go, but Hopper was standing across the room.

El pulled away and turned to face him.
"Dad..I know what you're going to say."

"Jane..You have ten minutes. I'm warning you, I'm not in the mood. Ten. Minutes. And after that, Mike will leave. And you will learn to obey the rules I set in place. I'm going out to smoke."

He walked out of the door, closing it behind him. I turned to face my beautiful girlfriend, my secret girlfriend.

"El..I'm so sorry." I felt horrible for what I'd done.
"No, Mike. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left."
"You couldn't help it. It wasn't your decision."

"Well..no. But I was still excited to leave. I saw my Mama again. And we stayed with Kali."
"That's where you've been the past three weeks!" She giggled and looked down sheepishly.

I grabbed her hands and intertwined our fingers. I pulled her closer and she leaned into my chest. I held her close, almost like at the Snowball.

"I love you, Eleven."
"I love you too, Mike."