• one •

~ who he loves

"Sakura-chan! Will you go on a date with me?" a dark haired boy asked the pinkette with a smile on his face. 

He has liked the girl ever since he met her. For these past three months of kindergarten, he had his eyes on her. Sure, he was too young to date and didn't really know much about her, but he had to get her before anyone else could.

The girl turned around to look at him with a sad smile.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested. There's someone else I like." she smiled sadly with her eyes closed, trying not to hurt the sensitive boy.

Opening her eyes, she wasn't surprised to see tears starting to form in his eyes. Before he could let them fall, she stopped him.

"Please don't cry! I like it more when you smile." she said while raising the ends of his mouth up into a smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you look much better that way."

He backed away and wiped away the tears with his sleeves.

"Right! I promise, from now on, I'll smile all the time for you!" he said with his thumbs up, trying his best to pull off a convincing smile and holding back the tears. Fortunately, she didn't realize it was fake, and smiled back.

"I'm happy to hear that."

"Sakura-chaaaan! Where are you? You gotta see this!" shouts were heard from none other than Sakura's best friend, Ino. Not wanting to keep her waiting, Sakura bid a quick goodbye to Koji and ran over to her friend to see what the big deal was.

As soon as she was out of sight, the boys' smile disappeared. Disappointed, he returned back to his previous spot, which was next to a tree, and sat down on the short grass. Not noticing the dark, onyx eyes that were watching him, he started silently crying to himself. His face was buried in his hands as he tried to calm himself down, unsuccessfuly.

'This doesn't mean anything to me! I may have been rejected, but if I keep smiling, Sakura's feeling will change! Maybe then, one day she will accept my confession...'

'Yeah, one day.'