• eight •

~ making a deal with the devil

~

The house was quiet. If it weren't for the buzzing of a bug, it would be in complete silence.

At the table, a lonely boy was sat at the dining table. His head was comfotably laying in his hand, while the other was holding a spoon in the cereal. Staring at his food, he didn't feel like eating. There were so many unanswered questions on his mind that would be answered later.

Later. When exactly? He didn't know. He only knew it would be later.

Whole day, he was in his mind, thinking. The future is about to change, but no one knew when. Well, one person did, but he wouldn't say anything. There was this feeling of fear. Koji is going against faith here, he doesn't even know what he has to do. What would he do if he didn't meet Satoshi? Would his future really be as dark as the other told him? Will this future be better?

Days passed but nothing changed. For Koji, everything happened in a blur. His days were so monotone that he couldn't even keep count of them. Before he knew it, it was time. At least Satoshi said so when he woke him up very early in the morning and took him to that same dark alley, same dark corner. But there was something different...

"Satoshi?" Koji started.

"Yes?"

...

"Oh, the hair? Yes, it's me. From the different AU."

"But why do you look like yourself from this Alternate Universe?" Koji asked.

"I'll explain later. Stay here while open the gate." he said.

"The gate? Why? I thought you said we're going to change this Alternate Universe, not go to another." Koji asked, confused. In reality, he didn't really care. He was going to do whatever Satoshi told him to anyway.

"Yes, but there was a slight change of plans. You see, my counterpart of this AU found out about the whole thing, and well....I had to get rid of him."

"You KILLED him!? I mean, yourself, but the other-WHATEVER! WHAT!?" Koji struggled with words.

"Noooo! I sent him to my AU, you idiot!"

"Ohhh... Is that why you look like him now?"

"I guess. I didn't think about it before, but maybe if the original is removed, his counterpart will look like him?" Satoshi tried to explain both to himself and Koji.

"Does that also mean that he will look like you in your universe?"

"Yes. That's where my new plan comes in action. I'll send you to our AU and our Koji here, so you can replace him. No one will notice since you'll look like him and he'll look like you. It'll be way easier than the original plan and good for both of us." Satoshi said.

He had a point, but Koji still didn't know what Satoshi was trying to get out of this. He was also worried for his counterpart who will surely suffer here. It wasn't really him, but it was still him.

"Come on. We still have some work to do." Satoshi pulled him out of his thoughts and into the gate he opened. Koji couldn't help but notice the large bag that the other was carrying. He was slightly worried, but he trusted Satoshi. If they're best friends in his AU, he must have good intentions.

~

They crossed the gate. When Koji opened his eyes, which he closed before entering the gate, they were in the same place as before.

"Is this it? Are we there?" he asked nervously.

"Yes. Let's go." Satoshi said and pulled him along.

They left the alley and were now walking to 'Koji's' house. The villagers looked at them weirdly as they passed the streets of Konoha. Koji felt slighty uncomfortable with the stares, but it wasn't as bad as before. They weren't glaring at him, smirking and laughing, or even insulting him like before. That's how he knew that this wasn't his Universe.

"Alright. I'll knock on the door and tell him there's an emergency. We'll go to the Konoha forest, where you will be waiting and attack us as soon as you see us. We have to make him unconscious and put him in this bag. Then, we throw him through the gate and- DONE! We can live on. Okay?" Satoshi explained calmly. He already planned everything.

Koji was hesitant. How could Satoshi hurt 'Koji' so easily if they're supposed to be best friends? Perhaps he's forcing himself and only wants what's best for him.

He nodded and the other shooed him away.

~

Koji waited patiently, hidden in a bush in the Konoha Forest. It was uncomfortable, the leafs were brushing all over his skin. He wanted to get up and find a different hiding place, but the sound of footsteps made him stop.

He looked up, in front of him. His eyes first travelled over to Satoshi, who was walking his way. Next to him was 'Koji'. Just as Satoshi said before, he had orange hair, that was the only things that made him different from Koji.

Remembering the plan, he jumped out of the bushes when they got near. This took 'Koji' by surprise. He looked up up Koji, not noticing Satoshi who struck him on the head. Koji watched as his body collapsed on the floor.

He helped Satoshi put him in the bag and together, they dragged him to the gate. It was along journey, the stares were now worse. Koji was scared somebody might stop them and ruin their plans, but in the end, it didn't happen. They succesfully made their way over to the gate and Satoshi crossed it with 'Koji' in his arms while Koji waited.

"Now what?" Koji asked as soon as Satoshi came back through the gate.

"I'll have to stay in your AU with my Koji, and you have to stay here with your Satoshi. If he asks you anything, pretend like you're from this AU. Don't let him find out, or anyone for that matter. And if you're wondering about Sasuke, he's still in the village. 'You' managed to make him stay. I should really get going before anyone sees anything. Bye." Satoshi explained everything and left through the gate again.

Koji sighed and looked down. He noticed he wasn't wearing his shoes. In fact, he was wearing navy blue pajamas of sort. Bringing his hand up to his hair, he felt his slightly wavy hair. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a trace of orange.

Raising his head up again , he stared at blank space before smiling to himself.

"It won't hurt anymore."