• seven •

~ boy meets evil

"Koji! Wake up already!" an angry women's voice yelled

Koji slowly opened his eyes with a groan. Time to face life again...

"I'm up!" he yelled back while getting up and changing from his dark blue pajamas to his ninja clothes. When he was done he made his way downstairs into the living room, where his mother was waiting for him.

"You're a ninja now, you should be used to getting up much earlier than now!" she scolded him.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep last night."

"You always use that excuse. Why don't you just go to sleep on time." she muttered under her breath, loud enough for her son to hear.

"Anyway, I woke you up because I need you to go get some bread for breakfast, and also a bag of peanuts. You know your father likes to eat them when he's watching the game and we're out. The money's on the table, go as soon as possible if you want breakfast." she explained while he listened with his eyes slowly closing.

~

He was on his way to the shops when tiredness took over. He walking half-asleep, knowing the path already without looking. Unfortunately, not all people are in the same place every day. Forgetting that there are others walking around him, he bumped into something.

Opening his eyes after falling on the floor, he looked up to see a mysterious looking ninja. In fact, it feels like he knew him from somewhere.

The guy had dirty blonde hair with short bangs covering his eyes. His face looked similar to someone Koji knew, but not the hair. Realizing what had happened, he stood up and apologized to the man with a bow.

"It's alright. We all have times in our lifes when it feels like a complete mess." the guy said.

Koji's eyes widened. It's almost as if this man knew, like he was going through the same thing or at least has been through it already.

"Uhm, I'm Koji, by the way. Yamanaka Koji." he introduced himself and bowed again.

"The names Satoshi. Nice to meet you." he said as he raised his head up higher. Koji could now see his vibrant blue eyes, they looked almost non human. The stranger, now known as Satoshi, extended his hand.

"Oh, uh. Nice to meet you, too." Koji said and shook his hand.

"Yamanaka Koji, your life has taken a drastic turn lately, hasn't it? You lost your one and only, real, friends and now you're all alone." Satoshi said, adding a mocking tone to his last sentance.

Koji was confused. First of all, why did this guy know all about it? Second of all, why is he being so mean all of a sudden?

"Don't fret, I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, I'm here to help you." he said before looking around. "Let's go somewhere more private, shall we?" he took Koji's hand and lead him away into an abandoned alley.

Koji's heart was beating fast. He was scared, he didn't trust this stranger, but he didn't try to run away. Something about this guy made him want to follow him.

They came to a dark corner and Satoshi let go of his hands and then turned around. An unreadble expression was on his face. It looked evil, sinister and myserable, but also safe and kind. Koji couldn't understand it.

"You're probably confused as heck right about now, aren't you? You're wondering how I know so much about you. Easy, that's because we're best friends." he said and smiled.

"What? I don't even know you!" Koji replied.

"That's because I'm from a different alternate universe! I exist here as well, but we're not really that close here. You might've seen 'me' in this universe somewhere around, but 'we' didn't interact much." he explained.

"I have a question."

"Shoot."

"What drugs are you on? And can I have some?" Koji asked and Satoshi face palmed.

"I'm not high or drunk or anything and I'm telling you the truth! I swear!"

"Alright, but even if you are telling the truth, how come you're here and not in your own universe? Huh?" Koji questioned suspicously. He didn't believe the guy at all, but he was curious what kind of excuse he would come up with.

"I-I found the gate." he said with sweat rolling down his face.

"What kind of gate?" Koji asked, seeing that the other was making stuff up.

"A gate between dimensions and alternate universes!" he said, more confidently this time.

"Great. Now go back to your 'gate' and into your 'alternate universe' and leave me alone!" Koji said, turning around to walk back before Satoshi stopped him.

"Wait! I'll prove it to you!"

Koji turned around, excited to witness the impossible.

"Let's see.... You were born on February 18th, your favorite color is green, favorite season is spring, blood type A, favorite number 7, you hate exercising and working out, your face is 27 cm long-"

"Okay, okay! I believe you!" Koji stopped him. "So why are you here? Why did you leave your universe and come here?" He didn't completely buy all the 'alternate universe' stuff, but this guy isn't kidding around.

"Because in this universe, you and Sasuke don't lov-SEE each other again and you become super lonely and stuff so I'm here to keep you company and help you guys bring Sasuke back!" Satoshi said all in one breath after interrupting himself.

"Wait, what were you about to say?" Koji asked suspiciously.

"N-nothing! Just ignore it! I mixed up some universes." he said defensively and started sweating again. Koji decided to let it slip this time.

"Whatever. So, you said you can help us bring Sasuke back, right?" he asked.

"Yes. In this universe, Naruto, Sakura, their new sensei and the replacement for Sasuke will go on a mission. In some universes you go with them and in others, like this one, you don't. We're going to change that." he explained.

"But isn't tempering with fate and changing universes like, a bad thing?" Koji asked, confused.

"No, 'cause the moment I came here, another universe was made that's just the same as this one, exept I didn't come here and everything happend as it would if I wasn't here right now." Satoshi explained confidently, proud that he was smarter than someone.

"Oh, that's cool."

"Yes, it increases the already infinite number of universes with different possibilities. Oh, also! I forgot to mention that some people look different in different universes. For example, in my universe, you have orange hair and wear different clothes."

"That's even more cool! But how do you know all of this?"

"Well, I decided to educate myself before diving into the unknown. Now, let's go get that bread and peanuts, your mother must be worried."

"Ah, yes. Let's go."