• nine •

~ open your eyes

"Wake up, sleepyhead!" a loud voice woke Koji up

His eyes fluttered open and he sat up as soon as he woke up, scaring the other person.

"Wow. You're weirdly energetic this morning." the voice that Koji now recognized as Sasuke's said.

"Sasuke!? You-you're-" Koji couldn't find his words. He hasn't seen Sasuke in such a long time, and now he's back.

"I'm what?" the other asked and tilted his head to the side.

That's when Koji remembered what happened yesterday with this weird feeling of disappointment. This wasn't his Sasuke, this was 'Sasuke'. There shouldn't be much of a difference, but Koji's definately getting a different vibe from this 'Sasuke'.

"C'mon, I made you kimchi for breakfast. Your favorite." 'Sasuke' said before swiftly pulling Koji out of his bed and dragging him to the kitchen. Koji was visibly surprised, not being used to getting this kind of treatment from Sasuke, or well 'Sasuke'.

While in his thoughts, he was sat down the table and served the traditional Korean cuisine. The smell was so captivating that he couldn't help but dig right in. 

Sasuke watched silently as the other stuffed his face with his favorite food, barely blinking, not even surprised

Sasuke watched silently as the other stuffed his face with his favorite food, barely blinking, not even surprised. It looked like he was enjoying the sight very much, as he didn't move much. 

Koji, of course, didn't notice. He was only focusing on his food, no matter how weird it was to have something like this for breakfast. Maybe Sasuke was feeling generous?

"Do you think I improved?" Sasuke's voice made him stop eating and look up at the young Uchiha with some cabbage sticking out of his mouth.

"Hm?"

He gulped down the food and licked his lips.

"Improved in what?"

"Making kimchi. Remember when I first tried it? You almost threw up." he explained.

"What? You neve-Oh! Um, yeah! You improved a lot!" he interrupted himself as he was again reminded that this wasn't his AU anymore, and things were obviously different. He just didn't expect them to be this different.

Sasuke smiled as a small blush spread across his cheeks. "I'm glad."

They stared at each other for a while before Koji started stuffing his face with kimchi again.

~

"Ko-kun, let's go take a walk together.~" 'Sasuke's' melodic voice sang as he pulled the said male by the hand out of his couch.

"But I just ate. I'm so full I can't even stand up." he complained.

"Yes, you need to burn down some calories." 'Sasuke' retorted back.

"Fine...."

.

"So, how are things with you and Sakura?" 'Sasuke' asked.

"Hm? What do you mean?" the other asked, confused. He was already scared of what could possibly be going on between them in this Universe.

"Satoshi told me you two are together now. Is that true?" he asked. His voice sounded like it was about to break, like he was going to start crying, but held back the tears as he spoke.

"He did?" Koji was surprised. "Oh, I mean, yeah."

He really didn't know what this AU was, but it would've been heaven for him just a few years ago. He had Sakura AND Sasuke. Why didn't that happen in his AU as well?

Weird, out-of-character laughing coming from 'Sasuke' pulled him out of his thoughts.

Both have already stopped walking. 'Sasuke' was laughing as Koji just stood there and stared at him in surprise. Not only was he witnessing 'Sasuke' laughing for the first time in his life, but also the way 'Sasuke' laughed...

...it wasn't the usual type of laugh a person would start after hearing a funny joke, it was the laugh after praking someone or putting them in a difficult situation.

"You're so funny!" he said with a strange tone. It sounded so evil, Koji didn't know what it was, but it certainly wasn't good.

"W-what do you mean?" he asked, his voice wavered in fear at what the other is going to say next.

"Sakura is dead."