PART 1 (UPDATED)

All my life I felt as though I was different, like an outcast in this dark scary world. I lost my parents at a young age, I don't remember their names or faces, it all felt like a distant faded memory that's yet to be found.

Ever since then I've been staying at an orphanage for what you can call 'unwanted kids'. It was hard staying there, I was basically a pin cushion for the women that take took care of me. The kids didn't give me a break either I think they were the hardest to deal with.

I wasn't adopted by any families because in the first week that they had me they'd take me back with a complaint. Wether it was that I wasn't smart or I just had a bad attitude.

There was endless suffering when I stayed at the orphanage, but that all changed when a nice lady decided that she wanted to take me home with her.

Her name was Ms. Webb but she prefers when I call her Victoria. She was a nice lady and was pretty well known for her company called the 'The Webb industries'. She was also a veterinarian and owned a lot of pet animals, her favorite was her cat Rupert.

We loved hiking, we had our own home in the mountains where we'd go on vacations whenever we feel like we need it. I remember one time we were hiking and found an injured cub huddled up in some snow.

Victoria immediately took him and worked her magic, she kept him in for a while and finally let him go when he could walk better again.

But that was a few years ago......

I am now eighteen years old and has half ownership of the Webb industries and I also run my vet clinic.

But Victoria is dying.

She always had a heart condition, ever since I met her. She's been taking good care of herself but it seems to be taking over her entirely and she's losing.

I sat in the waiting room waiting for one of the nurses to call me in, Micheal who was a good friend of Vitoria was also there. I was scared and wasn't prepared for any of this, the woman that saved me from being miserable is now dying.

One of the nurses opened the door and told me I can come in, Micheal nudged me to go in first and I fought hard to hold back the tears that were begging to fall.

I walked in to be met with the machines that was connected to her, keeping her alive for just a little while. She didn't look like the woman that I knew for all these years. She had dry, cracked lips and looked thin and pale. She opened her eyes and I almost began sobbing as I took her hand in mine.

"Hello my love", she called as she tried to speak the best that she could. "Hey Vic, how are you?".

"Are you really asking that? Look at me" she said as she tried to laugh a little. "I know but you're strong, you're making it on this and then we're going to go up to the mountains and go on hikes like what we usually do".

She stroked my cheek with her other hand and gave me small smile, "I'm afraid not this time dear".

Tears began falling frantically as I squeezed her hand. "Vic please, you can't leave me here alone, what am I to do if you're not here with me".

"Aria, you'll go to the mountains just as we used to. I want you to stay there and make something of yourself okay promise me that".

"A promise is only a comfort to a fool, you taught me that". She laughed once more and nodded her head in agreement.

"One more thing, I won't be around to protect you from the harsh things that's about to come. But you'll have people that'll be there for you, there's a lot of things that you don't know of Aria. Things about yourself that I didn't get a chance to tell you because I waited to long and look where that got me".

"What do you mean?".

She began coughing terribly as blood began appearing. "Oh my god Vic! SOMEBODY HELP ME!".

"I love you okay, and I'm sorry" was the last thing I heard her say before the machine flat lined, the only thing I can hear was the ringing of the machine. It's like I went into shock, I watched as the nurses came in and did all that they could but she was already gone.

My mother was gone and left me alone in this dark world.

Micheal came in and dragged me out of the room, he was also in tears but was trying his best to hold up for me.

I don't know what to feel.

Where do I begin.