Part 41

Today was the day everyone woke up early for the events that's about to take place. Those who don't want to fight and those who are not able to are left in the palace for safety measures.

I wasn't taking any chances in case this barricade doesn't work, but I had faith in the earth that it will stay.

I made sure to leave some guards to guard around the palace to.

I was in a tent near the entrance of the kingdom, scoping out the map that was on the table.

On the map there were pins each pin represents a guard that's either hiding or simply distracting.

The ones that are distracting will make it seem as though we wasn't expecting them to come. So it looks like a normal patrol.

Micheal was here with me, calling out the plans.

The rest of the guys were searching and waiting within the trees outside for anyone unexpected.

It was 5 am when we were all prepared.

It may seem a little early, but you can never be to early for war.

'Aria, we're seeing some movement in the East, but I can't smell anything' Aiden mind linked.

"They're probably masking their scent" Micheal suggested.

"They can do that?!" I asked panicking lightly.

"Yea, there witches for that" he shrugged off.

My jaw dropped, he rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Remind me to teach you these things".

'More sightings in the west!' Ethan called out.

"They're probably hiding and waiting for my uncle to call the orders" I announced looking at the East of the map "they're only three guards there and in the west there's two".

"There's four in north and four in south" Micheal pointed "I'm positive that they're going to go for west first".

I immediately linked Ethan 'E, stay alerted. They're most likely going to attack the west side first'.

'You got it A' he linked back.

'Aiden stay alerted to, they'll come for you next'.

'Yes mam'.

I mentally rolled my eyes at his childishness, but still can't help but smile.

'I hope they stay safe' Aysel sighed.

'Me to'.

"I'm going to go and stay with Ethan and you go with Aiden" I ordered.

With a nod, he walked forward and gave me a hug.

"Stay safe Aria, I can't lose you to" he whispered.

"Of  course I will" I pulled away and gave him a whole hearted smile "you, mr need to stay safe to, you're my only father figure".

His face brightened as he pulled me in a tighter hug and kissed my forehead before leaving.

With a deep in hale of air I walked out the tent and nodded at the two guards that was guarding it.

I closed my eyes and tried to find Ethan's location and teleported to him.

He was crouched down on a branch, scanning the area.

"Ethan, you see anything?" I asked him, causing him to jump.

"Shit" he hissed "don't sneak up on a guy like that, are you trying to make us out".

I rolled my eyes and tried to use my senses to find any unwanted wolves.

I can feel and see all their auras.

'They ain't slick' Aysel commented.

'No they ain't'.

"What's the plan Goddess?" Ethan asked me.

"When they get closer, we jump them. Get rid of them before they have time to link the other groups".

He nodded his head in understanding.

I informed the other guards of the plan, I told them I'd count down to 1 from 5 when I know they're close.

I continue looking at their auras, watching as they somewhat crawl towards us trying to stay cautious and alerted.

I've noticed that they look forward, left, right and behind them, but never up.

Seems to me they haven't been trained well. I wonder when my uncle is going to show his face.

'Okay they're coming. Get ready to jump them in.....

3

2

......

1!'

I immediately jumped down and landed on the shoulders of a wolf, hearing a crack.

I ran towards the next wolf my nails extending sharply as I aim for its neck immediately ripping it out as my hands made contact.

My moves were swift and clean, as I killed them one by one. When we everyone was finished we jumped back into the trees and I immediately mind linked Micheal.

'We're done over here, how is it on the East?' I asked.

No response.

'Micheal?' I linked again.

'Something doesn't seem right'  Aysel said worry laced in her voice.

'I know'.

'Aiden, how is it on your end in the East' I asked.

'Pretty easy, they weren't hard to get rid of' he responded.

'Is Micheal with you' I was really scared right now.

'No I thought he was with you, he never showed up'.

'Aria! A lot of them came to the South and North, but ran to the open field. Do we follow them?' Mason linked me.

'Go! We're coming'.

I mind linked everyone and we made our way to the open field.

'Micheal, you better be okay'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~