Chapter 1 the Abandoned Dragon

This is how it all began. " Look at her, she's hideous, she doesn't even have any scales!"said a Dragon that was standing in front of me. "I cannot believe this is the spawn of the Queen Dragon Ember, it's so ugly!" said another. One of the Dragons was talking about my brother "Hideous I say, hideous! If these things are going to be King or Queen I will just die!" From that day forth I was known as Natalie Dragneel the Dragon Shifter.

    13 years later the Dragons got used to us they didn't tease us any more but they do look at us funny. There was one thing that was kept the same, getting picked on by Kai and his group of idiots. He's the one who gave me that dumb nickname...."Smart Ass". He's just jealous that I'm smarter than him, I have the highest grades in the class and talented in art and violin. But my brother Alexandrite never had this problem, everyone at school calls him the warrior. Since he's super strong and he has so many friends. He fought in many battles, and a lot of girls think of him as "hot". It really isn't my fault I was born half-Dragon half-Human and even my brother is part dragon! I can do the same thing Dragons can do! l can breathe fire, fly, I can walk on lava, and even swim in it. What's the difference? I can only transform into a Dragon for only 7 hours and they still look at me that way like I'm disabled.

One day I decided to make magma cookies for my class at school. I love baking and thought I could make friends that way. When I got to school everything seemed normal, I walked inside my classroom and asked my teacher if I can "pass out some magma cookies?" She responded kindly "Sure you can Natalie." She must be in a good mood, which is not like her. I started passing out the cookies, but when I got to Kai that's a whole different story. He turned his head away and crossed his arms like a spoiled brat."I'm not going to take cookies made by the "Smart Ass". Everyone started laughing.. Then finally the teacher raises her voice "That's enough everyone! Natalie is trying to do something nice for you, and your laughing at her!"

Suddenly, the phone inside the classroom rings my teacher answers it, her eyes widen " Yes Elder Moth I will send her, thank you" she hangs up the phone. My teacher turns to me "Natalie, Elder Moth would like to see you". Everyone in the class is whispering. I fly to Elder Moths hutch. As I arrive I see my brother Alexandrite."Alex, what are you doing here?" He smiles "Elder Moth sent me here just like you." No matter how mad I could be at him I could never hate him. I consider him my only friend.

"Elder Moth steps slowly towards us so we can hear her deep, raspy voice "Now little hatchlings it's time you found out why your here, I have foretold a prophecy." She is the wisest in all our kingdom, her long braided hair almost touches the floor, her eyes are behind thick glasses and her cloak covers her hands till she stretches them out and places them on our shoulders. "Natalie and Alexandrite, you are a part of this prophecy". We gasp and my eyes widen. "The prophecy states that one decent of each elemental Dragon Kingdom must join together to stop a threat known as the Wizards. The wizards are mortal enemy's of Dragons.

Elder Moth continues to explain "Natalie, you are the main part of this prophecy. You have inherited the Dragon Eye. The Dragon Eye is a powerful eye that can transform a human into a dragon and a dragon into a human and also can cause great collateral damage." Elder Moth flew up to grab a small box. It looked rusty and was engraved with some sort of ancient language.

        Elder Moth gently passed her hand over it, as to wipe any bits of dust on it to see the engravings. She hands it to me and I open it. It is a eye patch. "A eye patch !?" Elder Moth looks into my eyes and replies " " On your 13th birthday your eye will awaken, its power is so strong and powerful you will need to learn how to control it, your eye patch will seal your eye's power so it does not destroy anything." I was amazed "Which eye, Elder Moth?!" "Your right eye dear." she helps me place it on my eye. I can still see through it like I never put it on and says "This sacred eye patch was passed down to generation to generation."