Part One - Chapter Six: Shocking News

Nicole woke up to the shrill ring of her house phone, she groaned softly as she rolled out of bed and picked up the phone; she glanced at the clock curious as to who could be calling her so early on her day off from work.

“Hola Nicole speaking,” she said stretching and looking out of the window, the voice down the other end of the phone made her freeze; she hadn’t been expecting to hear back from them today and she knew that there was no way that she could call Sergio to support her.

“Of course, I can… I’ll be there within the hour,” she said her voice now devoid of all emotion, hanging up Nicole swallowed the lump in her throat and climbed out of bed.

As she moved about her apartment, she quickly dressed as she wondered what was going to happen when she got there; she doubted that the doctor would have called her if it was nothing.

Nicole shut off her phone, she didn’t want to speak to anyone; she wanted to hear what her doctor had to say and then have some idea what she was going to do next with her life, she had a feeling that there wasn’t going to be any good news.

The brunette collected her car keys and quickly made her way out of her apartment in a daze, she could still hear the doctor’s words ringing in her ears as she hurried down to her car.

***

Sergio sighed as he threw his phone into his locker and slammed it shut making Iker and several other players look at him concerned; no one knew what was wrong with their friend but it was clear that something had upset him.

“Sergio?” Kaka asked moving towards the obviously stressed Spaniard and sitting close to him as Iker did the same; the rest of the team were quick to leave the dressing room so they could start training while Cristiano hover a small distance away to listen.  

“It’s Nicole, she hasn’t answered her phone all day,” Sergio said worried making Cristiano turn and look at him concerned at the mention of the brunette; it had been nearly a week since he had crashed the family dinner and he still couldn’t get his mind off Nicole.

“She always answers her phone, Joseph hasn’t heard from her and neither has her friends… she didn’t go to work and she isn’t at home,” Sergio said rambling as he tried to figure out where his cousin could be; he didn’t know what was going on but he had a horrible feeling that something had happened.

The three players looked at him concerned, even though they had only known Nicole for a little while she had become to mean something to them all; especially Cristiano who had become strangely attached to the brunette.

“We’ll help you find her,” Iker said quickly pulling out his phone as he started to text everyone that he could think of that could help them.

Sergio looked at him thankful while Cristiano moved to stand next to Sergio, he couldn’t believe that Nicole had disappeared and no one knew where she was.

“Where would she go if she was in trouble?” Kaka asked making Sergio sigh and shake his head, making the other man grumble annoyed while Cristiano watched as the other members of their team re-entered the room; he knew that everyone was going to try their hardest to find the brunette.

“She doesn’t get into trouble…” Sergio said trailing off and shaking his head, he didn’t want to think of her ex-boyfriend being near her again.

He didn’t want to share with anyone what had happened to his cousin last year and he was going to try his hardest to make sure that she never went through anything like that again.

“Where would she go if she wanted to get away from everyone?” Cristiano asked softly making the team look at him surprised while Sergio looked at him grateful, that he hadn’t lost a friend after what had happened at the dinner; he knew that the footballer was going to respect his wishes one way or another.