Part Two - Chapter Two: Unexpected Visit

Nicole smiled as she spotted her friend who she was having lunch with, she had spent a lot of time after what Jesse had done to her focusing on putting her life back together and she had meet Vera Cortez at a group counselling session.

“So how is the pregnancy going?” Vera asked knowing that while Nicole wouldn’t talk to her other friends about how she really felt about what had happened with Cristiano; she was more likely to open up to her, since Vera wouldn’t judge her for how she felt.

The brunette smiled as she set down her fruit drink, she sorely missed her caffeine intake but she knew that in a couple of months it would all be worth it for her healthy baby boy.

Nicole has chosen to wear a purple print maternity butterfly floral belted dress paired with black flat-forms and a metal frame across body bag to keep her cool in the warm mid-August weather.

“You know the usual… sore back, lack of sleep and heartburn,” Nicole said avoiding the subject, she blame her hormones for the sudden emotions that she felt when it came to her ex-boyfriend.

She ignored the look that Vera gave her knowing that the brunette could see right through her lies.

Nicole took a sharp breath as she touched her stomach as she felt the baby kick, she could see Vera smiling knowing that her friend was the only thing keeping her sane now; her family and other friends all treated her as if she could break at any time and she didn’t like it.

“You just love to kick me don’t you,” the brunette muttered as she rubbed her stomach, she took a deep breath knowing that she needed to think about him and nothing else since there was no chance that Cristiano was going to walk back into her life now.

***

Nicole groaned as she climbed out of her white Hyundai I30 and glared at the car that was pulled up outside of her home, she wasn’t surprised that he was back since he had made it his mission to annoy her.

“I’ll tell you again, Jacob, go home,” Nicole said as she collected her bags and headed for her front door, she ignored the journalist who moved away from his silver Ford Focus and towards her; he had been looking for a good story for months and now he finally had one.

“But it’s just getting interesting besides all I just want the exclusive,” Jacob said making Nicole frown and brush some brown hair behind her ear and glared at him; she didn’t know what he was talking about but she really didn’t want to deal with him right now.

The brunette knew that she was going to have to get in touch with Cristiano’s agent to ask him a favour, she had a feeling that he would know a way to keep Jacob from stalking her and causing her grief.

Nicole gritted her teeth to stop herself from shouting at him, it was just what he wanted and she wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction; she turned and walked away from Jacob who grinned knowing that he had gotten under her skin again.

“Any word on the sex of the baby? Is Cristiano Ronaldo even the padre?” Jacob shouted but Nicole carried on walking until she was inside the house and she’d slammed the door shut.

She sighed and leant back against the door, closing her eyes and taking several deep breathes, once she was sure she had calmed down she moved off into the living room.

Setting down her bag, Nicole froze when she saw a shadow of a figure looking out of the living room front window; the figure sighed and turned to her, a red baseball cap on his head and expensive Armani sunglasses covering his eyes.

Nicole slowly stood up straight not believing who was in front of her, the last thing she expected was to see was him again; the figure slowly removed his sunglasses, his eyes stuck on the bump Nicole now carried.

Cristiano pulled off the baseball cap and set it down, while Nicole stood still like a statue not sure how to approach this; she had never thought that she would see her ex-boyfriend face to face again.

“You look amazing,” he said making Nicole swallow the lump that had formed in her throat, the footballer slowly moved towards her but restrained himself from touching her knowing that she was going to be still mad at him for what had happened.

“How have you been?” Cristiano asked as he sat down on the couch as he watched her, he could tell that Nicole was still surprised that he was here and he was going to do this her way.

Nicole carefully moved to sit on another couch away from Cristiano knowing that this was going to be all over the front pages if Jacob had anything to do with it; she looked at her ex-boyfriend wondering why he was in her home.

“I’ve been good, you?” the brunette said stiffly, she wasn’t sure what to make of him being in her home, she knew that he was here for a reason but she wasn’t sure what that could be.

Cristiano licked his lips nervously and shifted slightly shrugging while his eyes flickered back to her stomach; his child was in there and he wasn’t sure what to do to make things right when he knew how badly he had messed up.

Nicole looked him over, he seemed thinner than she remembered and looked ill; she knew he had been off form after the Euros and the partying he had done hadn’t helped him either.

“Good, I’m good,” he said his voice sounding off’, Nicole tilted her head wondering why he was here.

Cristiano seemed to gather it was time to explain himself, he calmly moved closer to Nicole who waited for him to speak.

“I know I hurt you and the way I reacted was wrong; if I could go back and change it I would but Nicole… I can’t do this without you anymore,” he said making the brunette snort; she didn’t believe that for one second.

“What is it you want Ronaldo?” she asked making him flinch as she used his second name, he knew she wouldn’t jump back into his arms after he had walked out on her when she was five months pregnant but he hoped she’d still allow him to help when the baby came.

Nicole waited for him to talk, and when he didn’t she sighed; she had always knew this would come up one day.

“Listen, I won’t stop you from seeing the baby, you are the padre but as for us, well there is no us anymore,” she said softly, she knew there was no easy way to say those words.

Cristiano nodded he could feel his heart-breaking as she confirmed what he already knew; he had ruined things between them permanently and there was no way back.

“Obrigado,” he said softly making Nicole nod, she knew he had hoped they’d get back together but it had been two months since they’d last seen each other and a lot had changed during that time.

“I am mad at you Ronaldo but I’m not going to get worked up about this; life goes on and we both need to accept that,” the brunette said sounding oddly motherly.

She’d done a lot of thinking since they had broken up and she knew that their son would need a father even if they weren’t together anymore.

“I’m so sorry I hurt you,” Cristiano said looking at Nicole who seemed uncomfortable with him being here, not that he blamed her.

There had been a lot of damage done and he had finally decided that it was time to stop moping around and to make things right no matter what it took.