Part Two - Chapter Ten: Apologising

Arriving home, Caroline was the first to greet Nicole and Cristiano when they arrived back from the doctor’s appointment; she was eager to learn when the baby would arrive so that she could win more money from Alexis.

“So what did the midwife say? Any news on when the baby will come?" Caroline asked, as they settled down into the living room where the rest of their friends looked at them expectantly; they all knew about the bet and they were sure that it wouldn’t be long now until the baby was born.

“She did give us some ideas on how to induce labour,” Cristiano said while Nicole plopped down next to Sergio who rubbed her back comfortingly; they could all see how hard this was for the brunette and they wanted this over for her so that she could finally have the baby.

“We tried them all. We went for a walk... uh we tried a special herbal tea, castor oil, spicy food, nothing has worked yet,” Nicole said disappointingly making Sergio hug her while Cristiano looked at her hopefully; he knew that there was still one that they hadn’t tried and he hoped that she would consider it soon.

“Well, there is one thing we haven't tried,” Cristiano said pointedly towards Nicole, she was quick to glare at the Portuguese; the brunette knew what he wanted and she wasn’t going to give in anytime soon, she was determined to have this baby without his help.

“Well what is it? If it's gonna help bring the baby here, like today. I think you should do it,” Alexis said moving towards the couple, she glanced at the other women; she didn’t want to lose another bet and needed the baby to be born today.

“It’s sex,” Nicole muttered annoyed as she looked at her boyfriend, she could already see the smile forming on Cristiano’s face as he sat on the edge of the couch and wrapped an arm around her; he knew that everything was going to be okay.

Caroline and Sara looked at one another and frowned knowing that they couldn’t have the baby being more right now; they would lose money to Alexis if it did arrive in the next few hours.

“I think that if the two of you had sex the repercussions would be catastrophic,” Sara said looking at Caroline as she tried to think of a way to talk Nicole out of having sex; she knew that they needed to do something to ensure that the brunette didn’t go into labour today.

“In fact sex is evil! I mean, look at the pain you're in because of it. No, that's definitely not the right way to go. Didn't you say you felt fat and bloated and unsexy anyway?” Sara continued making everyone look at her panicked as the whole room exploded with voices.

They all knew that it wouldn’t end well now that those words were out in the open.

Cristiano quickly pulled Nicole into a hug as she turned into a blubbering mess while Iker demanded to know why girlfriend had said such a thing; even if she didn’t mean it, it had upset the heavily pregnant brunette.

“It's hiccup true! I'm so hiccup fat I can't hiccup even see hiccup my own feet,” Nicole wailed to them while Cristiano held her close; he glared at Sara wondering what on earth she had been thinking by saying something like that.

Caroline sighed as she glared at Alexis and Sara, this had to come to an end and now before anyone else got upset; she hadn’t thought that any of this would happen because of a simple bet.

“Okay everybody calm the joder down,” Caroline shouted making the room fall silent besides the occasional sniffle from Nicole; she sighed as she looked at the brunette knowing that she was doing the right thing, the Brazilian could see how protective the footballer was over his girlfriend.