Part Two - Chapter Thirteen: Baby Boy Ronaldo

"I've been at this for seventeen hours! Three women have come and gone with their babies, you've got to give me some good news. How many centimetres am I dilated? Eight? Nine?" Nicole asked hopefully looking at her midwife, she wasn't sure how much more she could take and the brunette didn't feel anymore closer to having her baby.

She glanced at Cristiano knowing that he was just as tired as she was and she didn't blame him; he had stayed awake with her for every moment of her labour even when she insisted that he go and rest.

"Three," the midwife said apologetically making Cristiano snort in amusement while Nicole stared at her shocked, she was sure that she was further along than that; she'd been in labour for seventeen hours and she wasn't sure if she could go on much longer.

"We're moving along, just slowly," Allison said as Nicole lay back in the bed and sighed sadly, she wanted her little boy in her arms and even Cristiano could see that they had a long way to go yet before they had their little baby boy.

"Don't worry, you're doing great. I'll be back soon," the midwife said before exiting and leaving the couple alone; Nicole sat quietly for a moment before she looked at Cristiano determined, she was sure that she could do this now and then it would be all over.

"You know what? I'm not waiting, I'm gonna push this baby out! I'm doing it! I mean, it's what? Three centimetres? That's got to be like this," Nicole said and held her hands a couple inches apart; the brunette knew that she was being silly but she didn't know how much longer she could sit around with nothing happening.

She wanted to push her baby into the world and she wasn't going to be one of those mum's who choose the easy way out when things got a little tough.

"Actually it's more like this," Cristiano chuckled and pushed her hands to the right measurement, he watched as she frowned knowing that she wouldn't be able to push their baby through that; the brunette sighed as she crossed her arms annoyed as another nurse appeared with a screaming woman.

"We're gonna need to take you straight to the delivery room," the nurse said before they wheeled her back out again making Nicole seethed in silence for few minutes before a nurse stepped into the room, calling to someone behind her.

"This room's available," she said glancing at the empty bed next to Nicole, she was blissfully unaware of the bad mood that the brunette was in and if she had been then she would have thought twice before she brought another pregnant woman into the room.

"You listen to me! Since I have been waiting, four women, that's four, one higher that the number of centimetres that I am dilated have come and gone with their babies! I'm next! It's my turn! And if you bring one woman and she has her baby before me I'm going to sue you! Not this hospital, I'm going to sue you! And my boyfriend... he's a lawyer," Nicole ranted furious that she was being forced to wait while Cristiano rolled his eyes knowing that the nurse knew exactly who he was and what he did for a living.

"I don't think the next patient is very far along," the nurse said soothingly, a smile on her faces at the distressed Nicole; she was used to deal with women who had to cope with long labours and the brunette wasn't the last in a long line of them.

"Okay, well then bring her in," Nicole said and motioned with a dramatic swipe at the other bed, she huffed as she sat back in the bed wondering if there was a way to hurry this along; the brunette just wanted her baby safely in her arms.

"I'm a lawyer, huh?" Cristiano murmured in Nicole's ear as he leant forward in his seat, quite obviously amused at her speech; he knew that she was tired and he hoped that this did end soon, he didn't want anything to happen to his girlfriend or their son.