Part Two - Epilogue: The Happily Ever After

Cristiano pressed a kiss to Nicole’s lips as the sounds of their baby daughter’s first cries filled the delivery room; the midwife handed their little girl to them.

Cristiano smiled down at his daughter, he couldn’t believe that she was finally here with them; Nicole smiled up at him as he stroked her head.

“So what are you naming her?” the midwife asked, the couple looked at her before Nicole turned her attention back to their daughter.

“Amelia dos Santos Bartolini,” Cristiano said making the midwife nod before she moved away to make the birth certificate; the Portuguese watched his wife as she continued to watch their daughter.

They were naming her after Nicole’s mother, who had passed away when Nicole was only a child herself.

Amelia was the perfect addition to the family after they had been married eight months; Cristiano stroked her head softly as he and Nicole kissed.

He didn’t know what he would do without her, but in the end they were still here celebrating the birth of their second child, their daughter.

“Obrigado nena,” Cristiano breathed as he smiled at her, the brunette nodded exhaustedly, she hadn’t been in labour as long as she had with Antony but it was still a long one at twelve hours.

“Mama,” Antony said as he was carried into the hospital room where Nicole was resting after having Amelia; Cristiano smiled at his mother, who cooed softly at her granddaughter, who was asleep in her father’s arms.

Antony stared at the pink bundle as Dolores settled him next to Nicole, who cuddled her son softly.

“She’s beautiful…” Dolores said smiling at her daughter-in-law. Antony looked at his father, who sat next to Nicole and smiled at him.

“Antony… this is your baby sister Amelia,” Cristiano said introducing him to his sister.

The one year old looked at her, and furrowed his brow making Nicole stroke some hair from his face; Antony cuddled back into his mother who smiled down at him.

Cristiano grinned as he looked at his family, this is what he had dreamed off, and this is all that he had ever wanted.

***

Nicole smiled as she sat in the family living room, the walls decorated with pictures of the past three years; of her life with Cristiano and her new family.

The first one that she could see was the one of her and Cristiano, when she was having chemo and he had come to visit her during her treatment one day.

Then it was them on their New Year 2010 celebration which made her smile, at the thought had how much had changed for the couple since then.

Then there was a picture of them cuddling asleep on the couch after they had been released from hospital after Jesse’s arrest.

There was a picture of Antony’s first sonogram on the wall and her and Cristiano’s first date since they got back together after their fall out during the World Cup.

A picture of them as they celebrated Antony’s birth, that had been their first family picture; which made her smile as she let her fingers trace it.

She smiled softly as she looked at the next image, it was the picture of them after they had gotten engaged; it had been taken by Sara, who had given it to them for Christmas as a gift.

The picture next to it was of their first Christmas as a couple together and as a family; Nicole smiled at the memory of Cristiano fighting to get the tree up which they had sat in front of.

Then there was a picture of them at Cristiano’s twenty-sixth birthday were they had gone on holiday to the Maldives, she grinned at the picture of Cristiano building a sandcastle with their son.

The next was the couple celebrating Real Madrid end of season, they hadn’t won anything that year; but Cristiano didn’t mind, he had gotten Nicole and that was all that mattered to him.

On the mantel piece sat a picture of Cristiano and Nicole and their wedding day, Nicole couldn’t believe that it was fast approaching their first anniversary.

On either side of their wedding photo were pictures of Antony at his first birthday and Amelia when she had been born.

Cristiano wrapped his arms around Nicole’s waist and smiled at her, she felt him kiss her neck before she glanced at him.

“I can’t believe this has all happened so fast,” Nicole said as she felt Cristiano link their fingers, she smiled down at his left hand that bore his wedding ring.

Her husband nodded his head agreeing with her, it had only seemed like yesterday that they had meet, which he had fallen for her.

Nicole felt Cristiano rest his head on hers, his gaze on the photograph that lay above their wedding photo attached to the wall; Nicole kissed his neck as she turned to face him.

The brunette wished she could have meet Cristiano’s father, she knew he must have been an amazing man if he had created someone like Cristiano.

“He’d be proud you know,” Nicole said making Cristiano look at her, she kissed his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck. He stared at her for a moment, Nicole grinned at him as she kissed his lips softly again.

“You’re an amazing father, a fantastic footballer… the love of my life,” she said making Cristiano smile at her words. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he kissed her lips; she smiled at him toying with hair at the bottom of his neck.

“I don’t know what I would do without you,” Nicole admitted softly, her brown eyes searching his lighter ones; Cristiano rested his head against hers.

“You’ll never find out… I’m not going anywhere,” he promised her, she smiled as he kissed her softly holding her close as they enjoyed the silence while they could. Their two children were asleep for now and soon it would be time for them to go to bed as well,

“I love you Nicole…” Cristiano told her honestly. Nicole smiled at him; this is all she wanted; what she had right now, nothing in the world mattered more to her than Cristiano and their children.

“I love you too…” she said as he linked her hands and started to lead her towards their bedroom, she laughed softly as he grinned at her.

“Maybe we should start practicing for baby number three…” he said making her laugh, as they disappeared upstairs to their bedroom.

THE END.

###

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone that read, commented and rated this story, I couldnt have made it this far without any of you.