Part Two - Chapter Eight: Why Won't He Come Out?

Nicole lay comfortably between Cristiano’s legs as they curled up on the couch together, they had a couple of friends around and were settled in the living room; the brunette was very heavily pregnant and was now on her maternity leave.

Cristiano was rubbing soothing circles on her bloated stomach, occasionally placing a kiss on the side of her neck; he knew that she was a little uncomfortable and he didn’t blame her, she was huge bur he would never tell her that.

“So are you guys ready for that charity event next week?” Sergio asked as he looked away from the television, while he was curled up with Alexis who rolled her eyes at her boyfriend; she knew that he was excited about the baby especially since he wanted someone new to spoil.

Nicole smiled up at Cristiano knowing that they wouldn’t be there, they had turned down the invites as soon as they knew that they’d have their little boy.

“Well obviously we won't be able to come… for those of you that haven't checked their calendars, today is my due day,” she said excitedly making Cristiano chuckle as he kissed her softly; they were both excited about this and couldn’t wait to have their little boy in their arms.

Their friends smiled knowing how much this meant to the couple, they had put the past behind them and focusing on their future with their son; he was going to be the most important thing to them.

“I just want to take a moment and Gracias for how great you've been during the last few months… I really couldn't have done it without you and even though I am so looking forward to the next part, I am really gonna miss being pregnant,” Nicole said smiling making Sergio gag at how sweet his cousin was being, her hormones had made her softer and he was going to miss her like this.

Vera chuckled as she watched the two couples, she didn’t mind hanging out with them since she enjoyed their company plus with Jessica no longer hovering around making people so uncomfortable it made things a lot easier for everyone.

“Aww Coli… way to make us all emotional,” Sergio teased and pretended to wipe tears from his eyes making Nicole stuck her tongue out at him then muttered that he should shut up if he wanted to keep his precious hair.

Making them all smile and laugh knowing how much he loved his hair even now that he had hacked off his precious long locks.

“Oh pregnancy hormones… how I'll miss you as well,” Sergio muttered sarcastically under his breath, before dodging a flying shoe coming from where Nicole was sat glaring at him.

***

Nearly a week later, Nicole waddled into her living room looking very unhappy as she rested her hand on her still swollen stomach; she glared at the group of gathered footballers who were there for a relaxing afternoon.

“That’s right still no baby,” the brunette exclaimed making everyone look at her alarmed, it was no secret that as Nicole’s pregnancy continued she started to become more unbearable to be around; they all hoped that she’d have the baby soon before she snapped completely.

The brunette sighed as made her way towards the couch that currently held Sergio, Pepe and Sami; they all shifted nervously wondering what she wanted.

“Come on people; please make some room,” she said and motioned to the guys to move on the sofa; she was so uncomfortable that she hadn’t thought that it was possible.

Cristiano sighed and quickly stood from his seat, while his three team mates looked at Nicole slightly scared; he knew that it couldn’t be long now until the baby was born.