Part One - Chapter Sixteen: Thinking of the Future

Jesse frowned as he sat at the local bar watching the news talk about how Cristiano Ronaldo’s new girlfriend of four months had been at the match against Ponferradina; he still couldn’t believe that it was his Nicole.

A scowl formed as he thought of Cristiano holding Nicole in his arms; it should be him holding on to Nicole as she fell apart, it should be him comforting her as she struggled with her illness.

However he just had to mess it up by letting William catch him punishing Nicole, she had need to be taught a lesson and William had interrupted; it was the thing that had been the nail in the coffin for their relationship and had forced him to flee from Madrid for a while.

Jesse sipped his drink as he looked back at the television as they tried to figure out what Nicole’s angle was for dating Cristiano; he chuckled as they talked about how she was gold-digger and didn’t deserve the footballer.

“I think we have a lot in common,” a Russian voice said making Jesse raise his eyebrow and look at the dark haired beauty that had spoken; she smugly sat down across from him and looked at the television in disgust at what the press were saying and talking about.

“What do we have in common?” Jesse asked her as Irina took a sip of her white wine and smiled at him, she had been watching him for a while and she knew that he’d be able to help her get what she wanted.

“We’re both smart, we have good looks and most importantly we hate their relationship,” Irina said making Jesse look at her thoughtfully; he didn’t know what it was but there was something about her that seemed familiar and he couldn’t place what it was.

“Together we can put an end to it… I have a close contacts that is willing to help us,” she said peaking Jesse’s interest, he nodded his head as he waited for her to continue; he wanted Nicole back more than anything and he needed her away from the footballer who wasn’t good for her.

Jesse sat quietly thinking for a few minutes on how much easier things would be with the two of them working together; he knew that he couldn’t be seen a lot because no one trusted him to get close to Nicole and not hurt her again.

“And this friend of yours what does he get out of it?” Jesse asked suspiciously making Irina shrug and take another sip of her wine.

She knew that there was no way that the man before her would turn down this opportunity, he wanted Nicole back like she wanted Cristiano and that was fine by her.

“The exclusive coverage of Cristiano Ronaldo’s break up with his new girlfriend,” Irina said gleefully making Jesse roll his eyes at the plan stupidity of the woman in front of him.

He did like the idea at being able to publicly rip apart Nicole’s new relationship since it would give him more control in the long run.

Irina raised an eyebrow at Jesse as she waited for him to speak.

“Do we have an agreement Mr Hudson?” she asked making the American nod and shake her hand as he smirked at her.

***

Nicole sighed as she sat in her living room trying to clear her head as she listened to what the press had to say about her; while most of it was how she wasn’t Cristiano’s usual type, there was some talk about her using him.

Cristiano was currently talking to his manager on the phone, trying to make sure that everything went easier for the brunette; he didn’t want her getting stressed out while she was still having chemo.

Nicole ran a hand through her wig of hair and smiled happily since next week was her last chemotherapy session meaning she had made it through her treatment and maybe even the Leukaemia had been beaten before it got too far and controlled her life.

Cristiano had taken it upon himself to ensure that Nicole was never really alone, which meant he accompanied her everywhere she went from her hospital appointments to everyday trips to the local shops and the press had noticed a change in his behaviour.

Nicole had to admit she did think her boyfriend was going a little far with his ideas of protection, she didn’t like the fact that if she wasn’t with him then someone else had to be.

Sara and Caroline had pointed out Cristiano had never really done that for anyone else before; the brunette meant a lot to him to go about making sure she was safe from someone he had never met.

Cristiano cursed as he disconnected the phone and looked at his girlfriend, his agent was trying to convince him that he should do an interview about his new relationship but the footballer was determined to keep his life with Nicole private.

The footballer grumbled as he sat down on the couch next to his girlfriend and ran a stressed hand through his hair.

There was no doubt in his mind that he wasn’t going to allow the press or media to cast doubt on his relationship even if it meant showing them that he was committed to it more than he had ever been.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes, Nicole moving to rest her head above Cristiano’s heart while he wrapped his arms around her; she wished that there was something that she could do to help him with all of this.

“Obrigado you don’t have to put yourself through all of this stress,” Cristiano said as he thought about how restricted her life had become in the past week since they had revealed that they were dating; he hated that she couldn’t leave her life without being followed everywhere.

The couple allowed another silence to overcome them as they listened to one another’s breathing; Cristiano slowly allowed his hand to take Nicole’s left hand and trailed it along her ring finger as he thought about their future together.

The footballer had spent a lot of time thinking of what he wanted to do with his life and Nicole’s, since she had told him about her illness; he couldn’t help but worry about the time he had with her.

“Do you ever think about our future?” Cristiano asked making Nicole smile up at him and nod, she didn’t know where he was going with this but she had a feeling that he had been thinking about their futures a lot since they had no idea how her illness would change anything for them.

“Of course… more so when the leukaemia was a problem than now,” the brunette said as she looked down at her hands, so much had changed for her since she had learnt that she had her mother’s illness; she had prayed for things to turn around for her since Cristiano had come into her life.

Cristiano sighed and looked out onto Nicole’s apartment balcony; he had thought about their future a lot back then too, he had wanted what some of the other players had a wife, a nice home and eventually some children.

All of it, he had wanted with the one woman that was currently curled up in his arms; Nicole meant everything to him and more but with her illness he knew that there could be some restrictions on what they were able to do.

“I’ve been thinking and I know you love the apartment but maybe it would be a good idea for you to move in with me,” Cristiano said making Nicole laugh as he rambled on as if worrying that she would say no to what he was saying; she was secretly thrilled that he had asked her to move in with him.

“Of course, I will move in with you,” Nicole said making Cristiano lower his lips to hers and gently kiss her; she was a little surprised that he had asked her since he had spent so long sneak moving in with her and now he’d just have to move all of his stuff again.