Part Two - Chapter Twenty: The Engagement Party

Nicole was out shopping with Alexis and Vera, looking for a dress she could wear for her engagement party that weekend; Cristiano was spending some quality time with their son while he was on his holidays.

The brunette rolled her blue eyes as her best friends whispered between them about what they would do for her bachelorette party and what they would do; Nicole had cut all ties with Jessica, sick of her bitterness towards her relationship with Cristiano and their son.

“Don't ever think about a stripper,” Nicole warned them as she looked through several dresses; Alexis chuckled and looked over at Nicole innocently while Vera looked at some summer dresses.

They both knew that the brunette didn’t trust them for a moment and they didn’t blame her, they wanted her to enjoy her bachelorette party after everything that had happened, they were sure that their friend deserved it.

“We don’t know what you are talking about?” Alexis asked innocently as the brunette look at her suspiciously but turned back to what she was doing when she heard Vera squeal in excitement about something that she had found while searching.

However before Nicole could ask what Vera had found she was being forced into a changing room and a navy dress thrown at her for her to try on; the brunette eyed the dress wondering what her friend was thinking about.

“Put that on,” Vera ordered she then turned and went to wait outside leaving the brunette look after her oddly then down at the beautiful dress in her hands.

Nicole sighed as she started to change into it, she hoped that Vera had taken into account that the brunette had yet to lose all of her baby weight that she had put on while she was pregnant with Antony.

As soon as Nicole had changed into the navy pencil dress with peplum waist, the brunette glanced at herself in the mirror and she couldn’t help but smile at herself; she liked the dress and was grateful that it didn’t highlight her bumpy bits.

“It’s nothing I haven’t seen before,” Alexis announced entering Nicole’s changing room holding a set of nude heeled court shoes; she smirked when she saw the brunette admiring herself in the mirror, she was glad to see her friend getting used to her post baby body.

Nicole had stated that she was determined not to be one of those women who focused on losing weight as fast as possible after they’d had their babies; she wanted to enjoy her time with Antony now that she had him.

“It looks like Ronaldo’s rubbing off on you,” the dark haired Italian teased handing Nicole the heels making the brunette groan and glare at her; she hadn’t worn heels like these since before she’d had Antony.

Vera slipped into the changing room and admired the dress that Nicole was wearing; the two of them knew that it was the perfect dress for their friend and they were truly happy for her unlike Jessica who had just been bitter.  

***

“Coli…” Cristiano whispered as he stepped into the nursery and smiled as he watched his fiancée with their son; he knew that this was the sight he wanted to see for the rest of his life, Nicole with their children.

Nicole looked at him as his arms wrapped around her waist and he looked down at their son, she still wasn’t dressed for their engagement party and the brunette had been watching their son sleep for ages.

“He looks so peaceful,” she whispered making Cristiano chuckled and pressed a kiss to her neck as he led her from the nursery; his mother was helping set up outside and the footballer knew that they had very little time left.

Nicole pressed a kiss to Cristiano’s lips and nodded, knowing what he wanted her to do; she was surprised that he had managed to get into his black suit without Toby climbing all over him.

“I won’t be long,” Nicole said before she headed back to their bedroom to finish getting dressed, she smiled knowing that everything would be okay.

Cristiano watched her go with a smile on his face as he looked back at their son, he took a deep breath as he made sure that the baby monitor was on before he carefully closed the door over slightly so that the noise wouldn’t wake him up during the party.

***

The couple walked out to the back garden where everyone was waiting for them, Cristiano had upped the security for the event not wanting the press to have any personal images of the couple or their friends.

Nicole smiled as several of her cousins came over and hugged her while Cristiano’s brother and brothers-in-law pulled him away from the brunette.

“I can’t believe your engaged to Cristiano Ronaldo,” one of her cousins gushed while looking at the engagement ring that lay on Nicole’s ring finger, the other pointedly checked the footballer out.

Everyone was thrilled for the couple and they couldn’t doubt that they were meant to be together; they could see how much the couple loved one another.

“Well believe it ladies… Nicole here is no-longer a free woman,” Alexis said making her way over to Nicole and wrapped her arm around her, making her two cousins roll their eyes; they were both jealous that the brunette had managed to snag herself a footballer like him.

Cristiano re-joined Nicole after he had escaped his brother and brothers-in-law; Joseph tapped his glass of champagne catching everyone’s attention.

“I believe it’s time for the toasts and as the future bride’s eldest brother I’ll go first,” Joseph said raising his glass of champagne making Nicole groan and Evelyn roll her eyes; they both knew that if he was doing a toast then he was going to attempt to be funny.

“I haven’t known Cristiano long. Hell, I only met him twice before he started to date Nicole but from the start I knew he was an amazing guy and properly the best person in the world for my sister; once he sorted out his track record. Then there’s my sister Nicole, always there when I need her; we’ve had our ups and downs which we won’t go into but she’s the best. Nicole… Cristiano I wish you the best luck in the future… you hurt her again Cristiano and I’ll kill you,” Joseph rambled before raising his glass and making everyone laugh while Evelyn rushed to control her slightly drunken husband, before he said something that would really embarrass Nicole.

Sergio grinned making Cristiano groaned as he realised that his team-mate was next; he was dreading to hear what the Sevillian had to say.

“This wedding’s doubly special for me. It’s not only my best friend’s wedding but my cousin’s wedding. I can see every day how happy you both make each other and I can only hope that I’ll be that happy one day. Ronny you are a lucky man; a woman like Nicole and am adorable son. I wish you both the best of happiness and all the best in the future; no matter what happens… so to the future Mr and Mrs Cristiano Ronaldo,” Sergio said making the crowd toast the happy couple.

He grinned knowing that for one everything had worked out right for Nicole, he just hoped it would stay that way.