chapter 12

Purple Mask man POV

     NO, they really are dead! This was all supposed to be a prank and now they are dead. I have to save the others but how?  I left the room and walked in thru the hallways. The man in the Red mask is cleaning the blood since yellow mask carried the body to the basement. This has to be fake, a fucked up dream!

    As I was turning the corner I was pulled into a room.

"Hey"! I screamed it was the Yellow mask man.

"Ethan you can be mad at me all you want but please I need a friend right now."

"Tyler? Is that you? Oh, my god, he got you too!" I pulled him in for a hug. "How did he get you?"

"The same way he got you, I was there. He got me a couple hours before, he told me that if I didn't help kidnap you then he would kill you. I am so sorry."

"Ty, you saved my life why are you sorry?"

"I should have told him the wrong address or something. Now there is a dead body and more are to come. We need to get help."

"But how?" 

"Remember that paper I put on the desk, I redid it. The screams were heard and I didn't put the jammers in right. There is hope."

"We can't let the others know I know who are you. they will use it against us."

"Ethan they have already. If I don't do certain things they will kill you."

"Do you know who is behind all of this?"

"Yea, one of Felix's friends. I remembered who he was so I let him in the hotel. This is all my fault I am so sorry."

"Ty it's gonna be okay. The next round doesn't start until tomorrow. We have time." I didn't let go of him. 

Mark's POV

  It has been over an hour and the door still wasn't open. As soon as I sat down Signe fell asleep in my arms. Please God let Sean walk through those doors. I don't want that girl to die but I can't handle losing another friend. I lost too many as it is. 

The door creaked open and smoke filled the air. I covered Signe's face with my hand.

"This shit is getting old," I said.

The smoked cleared out and still, no one came thru that door.

"Mark, what if they killed each other? Or the people behind this killed the winner?" Amy asked.

"Then we are all fucked."

She snuggled up against me and fell asleep.

Come on Sean, I know you are still alive.

"Mark go to sleep, two of us have to go in the battle tomorrow," Wade said.

"I can't sleep, I NEED to know he is alive."

"We will find out when we wake up." Wade climbed into his bed.

How are they acting like this is normal? This isn't a game! This is real fucking life, we are fighting for our lives! The people in the masks, are they working for him willing?

"Mark honey, it's going to be okay," Amy said playing with my hair. I kissed the top of her head and stared at the open door. I don't know how long I was staring but my eyelids won.

"NO! GET OFF OF ME!" Signe screamed in my arms. I tighten my grip on her.

"DON'T touch her," I said opening my eyes. "SEAN YOUR ALIVE!" I screamed.

"Yes now please can I have my girlfriend." He looked like he was going to cry. I let her go and she knocked him on his butt.

"Sean you're okay, I am so sorry for yelling I thought you were one of them."

"Its okay, your safe everything is going to be okay." His eyes where closed, he started to play with her hair.

"Sean, what happened? the Tv's turn off so the viewers won't see blood." Bob asked.

"She killed herself. I walked into the room and there was a note next to her body, she said she is not strong enough to kill, she didn't want to play. They told me that because I didn't kill her that my name is going back in. they WANT us to kill each other."

"Is that what took you so long getting in here?" Amy asked.

"No, they had to carry me out of the room. seeing her laying there with half her face blown off......... I wasn't able to walk. there are actual doctors here, they checked me out and said its just from shock."

"Are they here on their will?" I asked.

"No, none of these people are. they are all scared. No one knows what is going to happen next, no one knows who is getting picked or what the battle rooms look like. everyone is just hoping that they don't die next."

"Why are there doctors if we have to kill each other?" Wade asked.

"Simple, the team with the most people alive at the end of the game wins. If we get into a shootout or a fight. one person HAS to die, the other can live." Bob answered.

"What happens if both people die?" Gabbie asked.

"No points," Sean said.

"How long till the next round?" Liza asked.

"No idea, but it is almost time for food. they were cooking when I walked past." Sean said looking at the door. it was still open.

"We can run." we all looked at the guy still on the floor from when Bob and Wade beat him up.

"Who is that?" Sean asked.

"The guy who we are blaming for you getting picked. he is the one who screamed." I said looking at Sean.

"We can all run! Sean and Amy have seen the other side. you know what the hallway looks like." he said.

"I have not seen this hallway," Amy said wrapping her arms around me.

"I only have seen it with a gun in my back," Sean said glaring at him.

"We need to leave and you two are the only ones who have seen it," he said.

"You are about to see it if you keep talking. Amy and Sean both already said that they have not seen enough to get us out safely." I barked.

"Then don't be the hero we all need."

"Dude like what the fuck!" Joey said. "Why don't we put your ass out there and you find it! No one wants to go out there! they are probably on the other side of that door with guns just waiting for us to run free."

"Fine I will." he got up and limped to the door. He looked at me then said, "Have fun playing next battle." then left. we all stayed quiet waiting for gunshots or screams but nothing.

"Why did he look at you when he said that?" Amy asked holding me tighter.

"Maybe he knows something we don't." I pulled her chin up and gave her a kiss on the lips. Now that Sean is here I don't feel guilty. when we pulled away Sean and Signe where intertwine. He wasn't letting her go.

After a while, a couple people came in the room with food. I counted the plates, there was just enough for us.

They know he escaped.