Chapter 7

Saturday passed by normally, the usual Friday-ish routine. Mom's not in town, so I went to Britney's place, and went shopping with her at the mall. She brought dresses, I just bought more shorts and shirts. I was not really into dresses, just casual. The normal teenage clothings. I brought a few accessories, as well.

We were hungry so we dropped by the food court. After ordering the things we wanted, we were stuffing our face with food when it came to us. We were pretty hungry, but as I was going to take the last bite of my food, something caught my attention, Harry and his friends. Niall, Louis, Zayn and Liam. All of them looked pretty good, they were roaming with their hands in their pockets. Harry saw me, and he looked over at me and smiled weakly, causing the other guys to look and nudging him and he just ignoring their little teasing bumps.

It was quite amusing to be honest, my eyes, staring directly into his emerald ones, the lightening in the mall, shined on his eyes, causing them to glow brightly, beautiful. Wait, wait, no, no. Not beautiful, I mean it is but erm- my thoughts got snapped away when Britney snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

"Hey, I saw that."

"What?"

"Him, looking at you, you looking at him? You seriously have a thing for THE bad boy don't you?''

"No, it's just like looking at normal people."

"Kylie, if you were looking at him normally, then you would have looked at his friends too, other than him?" she raises her eyebrows asking me about it.

I felt my cheeks going red. I look up again, and I see him sitting in the corner of the mall's bench. Louis standing infront of him, and the other boys surrounding him, nudging him, making him smile? What?

"Sweety, I think Harry likes you."

"What no? He wouldn't? Would he?"

"Look at his friends, all of them are teasing him playfully, you can clearly see as they do that, he's looking at you?"

"Well, he might just be laughing at me."

"Girl, I'm sure, there's going to be something between you both."

I sat there quietly, still staring at him and every now and then, I would look somewhere else avoiding eye contact, but why would I do that?

Britney really wasn't afraid of Harry, she didn't care about bullies or bad boys because, when I say she can put up a fight, she sure as hell can. I needed to learn to defend myself more from her.

We walked out after paying, actually Britney insisted on paying and so when we were heading home, I dropped Britney home and went grocery shopping in a department store nearby. I am a bad cook, but my brother is really good at it, so I brought all the ingredients for what he needed to cook. Which I had no idea of what he was planning to make. But I just grabbed ingredients that I thought were missing in the fridge.

I was waiting for the cashier and they came in. SHIT. Jake. I had to get home, it was a 5 minute walk home. I rushed the cashier, and her hissing at me. I panicked! I grabbed all the stuff and packed it myself and stormed out of the store. I turned around, only to find Jake and his friends following me, only 2 of them were there with Jake. I ran down the street, not much cars, thank my stars. 

Or not.

I started walking faster, and turned around, seeing Jake with a lollipop in his mouth and following me calmly in tow, I started to run and thank god, there wasn't much stuff. Oh fuck, I hear footsteps, and they were getting closer, then suddenly a tight grip was pressured on my hand, making me drop the stuff. It was Jake, his grip was so strong, it was so hard to break lose. I tried my best not to cry, a tear left my eye and Jake rubbed it.

"Don't cry babe, crying won't help. Trust me." He smirked. 

How dare he, that ass. His friends, giggling at his remark. Tears started to drop down y now and the next I know, I'm sobbing, begging him to let me go.

"Bitch! I told you to stop crying"

I bit my bottom lip, trying to stop. "That's my girl, so I heard, Harry was touching my girl?"

How dare he call me his girl? How does he fucking dare? But on top, how does he know, Harry was with me? Oh right, his friends, one of his friend lived nearby, I curse that fact.

"Y- you don't need to know anything J-Jake." I murmured.

"Oh, but I do, love, he knows you're my property."

Oh his sick nicknames. I'm not his pet. Property, whatever. 

Just then a black Range Rover arrives, Harry and Niall getting down. Harry had a stern look on his face and so did Niall, Niall looked over at me with soft eyes then turned back to look at Jake with a death glare. I was afraid and fragile at the moment.

Harry marches up to Jake, grips his shirt and gritted through his teeth,"Let go of Kylie now, you'll pay if you don't."

"Oh Kylie look, he's here to steal my property again." he says looking at me.

"Oh, Harry, didn't your parents tell you not to touch other people's things?"

Harry gripped Jake's arm and turned Jake to face him, fully. "Talk to me, not her."

"Well, feisty aren't we? Look Superman, I know that you like her, so no need to shit around."

What Harry liked me? That can't be true though, I mean Jake is already an arse. I stood there, shocked, not even bothered about my arm, still in a tight grip by Jake. Before I could even blink, Harry striked a deathly blow right up Jake's face. Even plastic surgery won't be able to fix his pretty face.

His grip loosens and I fall to the ground not even bothering to get up. Jake sarts fighting back but he can't, he's weaker compared to Harry. Jerk (Jock) of the school can't even stand up for himself. Pfft. One of his friends, ran away probably calling the other 2 who were in the store and the other was fighting Niall. Both Harry and Niall had the upper hand, striking blows after blows.

Finally another jeep comes, Liam, Zayn and Louis steps out, grabbing Jake. Harry moved over to me, I sat on the floor not knowing what was occuring infront of me. He helps me up and mouthed a "Go home, you'll be safer" to me, I got it and nodded and grabbed my stuff running back home. I cried while running, tears flowing back in the wind.

I turned around once more and I see the other 3 of Jake's friend coming. I look at Harry, him staring at me with soft eyes and a weak smile. I tried to smile back at him through the tears and headed back home again. 

The door was locked, my brother was out, probably Jamie's. It gave my time to ease my mind. I sat on the front porch crying, again.

And this time, I knew Harry wasn't around. Instead, I knew where he was. Fighting Jake, protecting me.