Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The project

I arrived at my locker to take out the things I needed for biology. Since it was the first day of school after summer, we didn't have anything to do, only one essay. So I took out that and closed it.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see Jungkook with his friends. Our lockers are pretty close to each other since here they are shared in different hallways.

This hallway has the second-year student's lockers. He and I are doing our second year now. Which means he is my age but about a month older.

His friends are older than him. Not for many years, but he still hangs out with them because a few are also part of the football team.

I was about to leave when I saw the same girl who came out of his apartment this morning approaching him and his friends.

Oh no.

Did I tell you he doesn't touch girls twice? And he isn't interested in dating.

She was smiling while walking to Jungkook. Girl, you think that after one night, he is yours? Prepare yourself.

Why is this even amusing to watch? Maybe because I have seen this scene many times. In-school but also next to my apartment.

God knows how many times I have heard Jungkook fighting with girls and girls desperately knocking and crying behind his door.

When she reached him, his friends noticed her. She put her hand on his waist, auch wrong move. I can't watch this.

I see Jungkook's body tense up and back away from her. I didn't hear what he said to her, but soon the girl ran away crying. Yup, he broke her heart. Great Jungkook.

Though he didn't look sad, Jungkook kept talking with his friends. I scoffed and went to sit in my seat in our biology class.

The bell rang, and the rest of the students came in, including Jungkook. He walked next to me and sat back down. He leaned his back in his chair and just took his phone.

Yes, he sits next to me. We usually have new seats for about six months before we switch. Before, the vacation teacher swapped them, and now I'm sitting next to him.

Should I feel honored or just unlucky?

I'm used to this that he ignores me. I'm nothing to him but his partner when it comes to projects. The teacher came and started his lesson.

"I know it's a little bit early for this, but since this course has a lot of stuff, I decided to change it to a project course," he told me.

What did I say? Our teacher loves putting us to do the dirty work and sitting around to give grades.

"I'll be giving each pair a subject which you will work on the whole course and at the end of the course, present it to your classmates." he continued.

I glanced at Jungkook, who didn't seem to pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Do I have to do it again?

"You know who will be your partner, and one of you, come to take your subject from my desk and start planning who you are going to present it to," The teacher sat in his chair and glanced at us.

"Go get it," I hear Jungkook saying. So he did know my presence next to him.

And here I thought I was like air.

I scoffed and stood up to get the subject. I placed it on my table, and Jungkook stopped scrolling the phone and put it in his pocket. Then he leaned back in to check what we got.

"Nature" He read the title. Great, it is a vast topic.

"So what do you think we should do, umm ??" He was so hard trying to remember my name.

"Y/n," I said to him.

"Ah yes, so Y/n. What did you say?" he asked.

"Since when have you listened to me?" I asked with a low voice.

"What?" he was dumbfounded. He focused on his phone again. Never mind, he is always like this. Sure, he does his part. He always does.

We didn't get anything done. The whole class was useless. The bell rang, which meant that the lesson was over. I gathered my stuff and stood up.

"Hey, Y/n, come to watch me at my practice." I heard Jungkook saying to me. I turned to him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why would I do that?" I asked. He never asks anything like this. Is he trying to seduce me? It's not working.

"Um, we could go and take pictures after. For the project, remember?" He looked at me like I was the most stupid person on Earth.

"Oh.. yeah, right, okay," I said quickly.

Did I think he would ask me without a reason that doesn't include school? How stupid.

But wait, I need to watch his practice. I hate football!