Chapter 19

The truth untold

It was now the morning. Last night wasn't rough, as they say in the movies. Jungkook stayed in my bed, sleeping like a baby. He never woke up and mumbled anything after what he said. And what he said made me think a lot, and I could barely sleep last night.

Why is he saying sorry? For dumping me after one night, being rude, or simply canceling our morning date? But something doesn't add up here.

His apologies sounded very sad, and he was crying as well. Of course, being drunk makes your emotions a lot stronger, but maybe that's the only way to get something out of a person.

Why did he then come to me? And how long he even was behind my door. It was freezing outside, and being wet didn't help the case. I hope he doesn't catch a cold or something. I made a morning soup for him. I also prepared painkillers and water for him.

I was sipping my morning coffee in the living room and watching the morning news when I heard groaning from my room. I picked up the remote and shut down the TV.

I tiptoed to my room, seeing him asleep, but he was mumbling something in his sleep. I walked a little closer to him. I saw him sweating, and his movements became violent on the bed.

''Eomma... eomma please no, appa... don't leave me,'' He said in his sleep, and I saw him crying. He was panicking. I had to wake him up. I can't watch this.

I touched his cheek, and he flinched immediately, lifting his body and waking up. ''Shh, it's me,'' I caressed his cheeks and made him look at me. ''It's me.''

Jungkook looked around the room, panicking because he didn't know where he was. He might not remember anything from yesterday and is panicking because of it.

''Before you say anything, I found you drunk behind my door, freezing. So I brought you in and changed you. You slept pretty long. There is painkiller and water on the table if you need it.'' I think I said too many things at once for him to process. He had a hangover, and it took time for him to process the things I just said.

''I have breakfast here, so whenever you're ready,'' I replied and stood up from the bed, leaving him there. I think he has to calm down first before doing anything else.

I walked to the kitchen and sat down at my table. Why did Jungkook look so... how to call it? Is sad the wrong word? Why was he yelling for his parents and telling them not to leave him? What I don't know?

He soon came out of my room, carrying his clothes from yesterday that I left drying on my chair. He looked a little lost and sleepy still. And, of course, the hangover was bullying his head.

''Here, have the soup,'' I said, but he shook his head.

''I'm sorry I-'' He said, and before I knew it, he was out of my door and long gone. Is he a master of just leaving like that?

But I get it after what I said yesterday. Jungkook doesn't want to talk to me. It's a surprise. I even want to say something to him or help him like that. I would do it to anyone despite how angry I was. After thinking the whole night about my words, maybe I was too harsh on him. I never let him explain his actions.

I assumed everything that I had seen for almost two years. And I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that. Jungkook was different to me. Maybe I should let him explain.

My phone started ringing, and I saw Jimin's name on it. I pick up my phone and answer him.

''Hi! I was wondering if we could hang out. Are you okay? You seemed upset yesterday?''

''Ah... I'm okay, but we can meet. Let's see each other at the regular café,''

''Yes, okay, see you then,''

I hung up and stood up from the chair. I looked at the food I made and sighed. I put everything in the fridge so I could eat it later. Then I walked to my room to change my clothes, and in a few seconds, I was out of my apartment heading to the café.

Jimin was already waiting for me, and I hurried to him and sat down.

''I already ordered us some coffee, if that's okay?'' He asked.

''Oh, yes it is, it's my treat next time!'' I smiled and took off my coat before sipping the coffee.

''So yesterday, what happened between Jungkook and you? You both seemed upset. Did he hurt you?'' Jimin started asking many questions. I didn't even know what to answer first.

And to be honest, I don't even know if he hurt me or not. Yes, he did, but I don't know why. Do I have the right to be mad?

''Uh... we fought, and I blamed him because...'' I didn't know if I wanted to tell Jimin what happened between us.

We aren't that close friends yet, and knowing him, he knows Jungkook. And I would hear the scolding from him of getting myself into his ''trap''.

''It doesn't matter, but I'm okay. Jungkook came to my apartment last night drunk. He had been walking in the rain, and he kept saying he was sorry. I woke him up because he was yelling for his parents,'' I explained.

Jimin sighed deeply, looking away from me after I had said the last sentence. He looked worried. I was feeling uneasy about this. Have I done something wrong?

''What exactly did you yell him at?'' He asked seriously. I felt the need to crawl under the table and sob quietly because of the intense stare he was giving me. I have never seen him this serious. It made me lowkey scared. Like I'd have murdered someone.

I still didn't want to explain the whole fight. ''Well, I was disappointed. I regret something and that Jungkook's parents might not know how stupid their son is. Something like that,'' I just said.

Jimin's eyes widened like widened. He almost choked on the coffee that he sipped while I was talking. ''You said what!?'' He snapped suddenly.

''What? Did I say something wrong?'' I asked, not ready to hear something that made me regret my life the most.

''Y/n..

Jungkook's parents are dead.''