Chapter 34

Deep in his heart

Jungkook came back from the back of the counter with his grandma

Jungkook came back from the back of the counter with his grandma. They were carrying tons of food, which made my eyes go big. How much is this boy eating here? Does he have so many favorites?

What am I asking? Of course, your grandma's cooking means all of them are good!

But this was beyond more than I could eat. Did he order twice as big portions for me, or is all the extra for him as well?

They put all the portions on the table, and Jungkook sat down after he had got water for us. ''Thank you, grandma,'' Jungkook thanked her, and she winked before leaving us alone.

I turned to Jungkook after bowing to her and looked at him with a questioning smile and eyes. ''What was that about?''

Jungkook didn't answer. He was getting ready to eat. I crossed my arms and cleared my throat before he just had to look in my direction.

''What?'' he asked. ''It was nothing. My grandma can be a teaser.''

Somehow, I didn't believe what he was saying, but I let it go off. They have their secrets. And judging by her face, it wasn't anything negative about me. I hope so.

After a while, we had been eating, and something had been bothering my mind. ''Did Jimin sound odd after we got our grades?'' I asked.

''Ah,'' Jungkook seemed to understand what I meant. ''Jimin tends to be a little jealous kind. I mean, he works hard and is pissed if someone scores higher than him. He is happy for others but always hopes more than he gets.''

Somehow, I felt pity for him. But there's nothing I can do about it. He wasn't my partner in the project, and I'm sure he worked on it as much as we did. Although what he said about Nayeon might have had a part in this.

I wish I could lecture Nayeon about it, but I can't. It doesn't concern me. And even if I did that, it couldn't change the scoring. The teacher trusts us with this. If the other partner doesn't show interest, then be it.

''Don't worry about him. This course isn't as important to him. He doesn't need it for his future. This was just a little addiction to his courses,'' Jungkook assured.

I decided to let it slide off and focused on eating again. I couldn't let this delicious food go to waste after Jungkook's grandma worked hard for it.

We were done eating, thanked Grandma, and said goodbye to her before exiting the place.

Jungkook intertwined his fingers with mine, and we started walking in some direction. It wasn't that late, but I could see the sun starting to settle a little bit.

''Do you want to do something?'' Jungkook asked after we had walked for a while. ''We can return to the apartments too if you feel tired.''

I shook my head. ''It's a beautiful evening. Let's walk around.''

We ended up taking a route in the local park near our school. I used to walk here during summer break and last semester.

"I haven't visited this place for a long time," Jungkook announced as we had been walking here for a while.

I had to chuckle. "You were so busy with your daily hookups that you forgot this beautiful place."

He scoffed. "You're one of those girls, you know. But in a different way. You're not a hookup."

"I'd have never had sex with you if I knew it wasn't going to work out. I knew there was something soft inside of you. I always knew the 'playboy' was a title."

Something in my words made him smile shyly, and he wanted to hide it from me. But I saw it. I guess he knows that, too.

"So you've been watching me quite a while to realize something like that," Jungkook turned to me when we were watching the ocean view from the little sightseeing place. "Do you have a reason why?"

I thought about it for a while, even though I knew the answer. "By not letting any girl into your heart, you push away possible people you might lose. You don't want to have someone you deeply care about and leave heartbroken,"

I paused for a minute. "You don't want to lose them. Like you lost your parents."

I was a little scared to say that. I might not know how sensitive the topic is to him still. But I want him to understand that I understand him in a certain way.

But it indeed felt like I hit the hard part of his heart. He looked away to the ocean, deep in thought that I couldn't figure out.

Even if I didn't want to push him into telling me about his past and what happened, I still wanted to tap the opportunity for him to tell me. Poke the ice.

"Maybe I'll never be able to tell the reason why I had so many girls. Why do I sleep with them just for fun? Some of them agreed, but mostly I broke their hearts," Jungkook exhaled.

"They don't remind me of my parents or my past."

"Perhaps you were looking for a person to your life that way," I answered to him. He turned his head to me, questioning what I meant.

"I mean, maybe you wanted to find someone who would look deeper into your heart. Someone who cared for you and did not just want to sleep with you. And deep down, after every time, you knew they weren't like that. They weren't the person you wanted."

"But you're."

Jungkook caressed my cheek, looking into my eyes when the sun was ready to set. "You're the person I've been looking for when I didn't even know I was doing so."

I smiled and pulled him into a sweet kiss. The sun was setting right next to us, and beside him, it felt warm despite it turning into night.

When I parted him, I kept my forehead against him, my nose touching his softly when I wrapped my arms around his shoulder.

"We're in this deep."

When Jimin came back to his apartment, he felt like he could kill. His head was spinning, and he didn't know what was going on in his head.

All he knew was that seeing you and Jungkook together made him feel sad. He felt angry, jealous, and betrayed. He thought you were just one of his hookups.

He went to his room. His head was hurting because of a headache.

He opened his phone and scrolled down the pictures once he came across a picture that almost changed everything.

You at Minho's house.

-----------
kinda soft chapter at first but shocking at the end 🤷🏽‍♀️
are you surprised it was jimin? never saw that coming