Chapter 24

There they were, sitting in the principal's office

There they were, sitting in the principal's office. Jungkook, who was innocent, had to pay the price. They wanted Minho there as well to explain what happened because he was the ''victim''.

Bullshit. Jungkook was no victim, and everyone knew who was close to us. This school is small enough for everyone to hear what it is about.

I didn't know what to feel. At the same time, I wanted to rip Minho's head and feed it to the pigs while burning the rest of his body. But then I wanted to cry. He came back to my life, and it hasn't even been one day that he hasn't ruined it. I wanted to cry for myself. He was going to reveal my most vulnerable moments to everyone.

Maybe not to everyone, but to Jungkook. I mean, who would want to hear their girlfriend's sex life from the past? Jungkook isn't my boyfriend yet, but I don't want him to know them.

Minho was trying to be better than him. To show he has nothing against him and that he can have me just like that.

But now I hated that Jungkook was there, being accused of the crime he didn't do. I hope the principal will go easy on him. Minho will get away with this for sure.

Finally, the door opened, revealing both of them. The door closed as quickly as it opened. I stood up from the bench I was sitting on. I didn't want to go to the class and wait there.

Jungkook walked to me, and I grabbed his hands. ''Well?''

''You're lucky, Y/n, that your boyfriend survived with just scolds. Good, I like challenges,'' Minho said behind Jungkook. Jungkook was ready to attack him again, but I held him.

''Forget him, please,'' I calmed him down by looking at his eyes. He smiled a bit before hugging me.

''I'm sorry for snapping like that,'' He apologized.

I buried my head even deeper into his chest, gripping him tightly. ''It's fine, it wasn't your fault.''

He took my hand and guided me away from the principal's office. I need a lot to explain to him. But he deserves an explanation about Minho and my past. It's not like I haven't got a lot of information about him in the past two days.

Jungkook brought me to the roof. They have benches there, so we sat down on one of them.

I took a deep breath. ''As you might have figured, Minho is my ex-boyfriend. We were together for two years in high school,'' I started.

''What made you break up?'' Jungkook asked. I was surprised by that because who asks something like that? Especially a guy. I thought he would be rather annoyed by listening to this than curious.

''High school changed him. The older we got, the more power he had. He became popular among other students. Everyone wanted to be like him. So I guess fame got into his head,'' I said.

''We got near our final exams, and I wanted to focus on them to get into this school now. So we spent less time together. Without me knowing, when Minho didn't get what he wanted from me, he took it from somewhere else.''

I looked at him, making sure he understood what I meant by that. ''Ah,'' he replied by nodding and letting me explain until the end.

''One time, I caught him in the action from his home when I visited him. I got my studying done and thought I could spend time with him. Later, I found out that wasn't the only case. He had cheated on me many times during our relationship,'' I continued.

''Seems like you took it calmly? Or am I wrong?''

I nodded. ''It did hurt. But I never felt Minho was the one for me. We had fun. I loved him and cared for him. It took me a long time to trust a guy or be able to love someone.''

Jungkook's eyes widened when I mentioned the word love.

''Don't get me wrong now. What I mean is that I have never let any guy in the way I'm now letting you after Minho. I don't want to be hurt like that anymore. Being with Minho made me feel stupid that I thought he loved me,'' I smiled at him, and he followed.

He took my hands in his and looked at me in my eyes. ''Let me be that guy for you. I know I seem to like him, actually a lot like him, but I want to change.''

After I had opened up, I wanted him to open up to me. He seems to have a tough childhood and life as well. But I understand. He doesn't trust me yet, neither do I. This is all so new.

He stood up and looked away for a while. ''This won't work if we don't do this right.''

''What?'' I stood up next to him.

''Y/n... I want you to be my girlfriend,'' he blurted out suddenly, turning to me and looking at me.

My mouth stood open. Not because I didn't wait for this moment. With all that's happening, it's obvious we like each other, and not being together would be a stupid move. ''A-are you sure?''

He nodded. ''I want to take slow steps with you. I want to try to be a better person with you. I want to overcome my fears with someone I can rely on. And that's you. So what do you say?''

I thought a while and smiled. I walked closer, grabbed Jungkook's head, and brought his lips to mine. I gave him a slow, deep, and passionate kiss before releasing. I kept my hands on his cheeks while I looked at him, slowly opening his eyes and looking at me.

''Was that your answer?''

''I'm not the woman of words,'' I smirked. He chuckled.

''Indeed,'' he answered and kissed me again.

Jungkook's POV

Y/n had a separate class, so we went on our ways. I was walking towards my class when I saw someone. I didn't want to meet this person now. I shrugged it off and tried to walk past him without sharing a glance.

''You think you have won?'' Minho said, making me stop in my tracks.

''You think you owe her now? I asked about you. You're just like me. Or who I used to be. And I know you will mess up at some point, and she will never forgive you. Then I'm here to give her a shoulder to cry. Don't think this is over, Jungkook,'' He said and walked away.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. I hate to admit this, but Minho isn't wrong.

I hope he isn't right either.