Chapter 10

A game

JUNGKOOK's POV

I watched her slowly drift back to sleep. She has calmed down a bit now. And the thunder is going away. It's only raining now.

She is peacefully sleeping in my arms as if nothing happened just now. She is still grabbing me quite tightly, but she has been doing that for an hour already. I feel nothing. Like my body had already gotten used to her body heat and touch. It's weird.

How is she afraid of thunder? No one is afraid of it. I just thought she had some thought in her head about a bear who would attack any minute now.

But seeing her shaking, whimpering, and crying because of it, I couldn't go away. She needed someone. And I didn't want it to be Jimin for some reason. I'm sure he would go to her after hearing her crying.

Is she aware that she is hugging me right now? Does she know I'm here? Or is she in that state that nothing matters? Or does she enjoy this right now? Does she want this?

I have way too many questions.

But this is just for tonight. It is nothing, and Y/n has to know that.

Y/N's POV

I wake up after that big badass night. It is what I mean. I can't sleep alone if something like this happens. I hate thunder so much. It makes me so scared, and I don't know why. And out of all places, it had to come just now. When I'm alone in this fucking tent.

I shift to the other side to reach my phone, but I get startled by someone. And by someone, I mean Jungkook. Wait. Jungkook!?

I screamed, which made him wake up grumpy. I quickly backed away from him after noticing he had his arm around my waist and was close to me. ''What the hell are you doing!?'' I yelled at him when he started rubbing his eyes out of frustration. He sure isn't a morning person when it comes to waking up someone almost by kicking him.

''I should be asking you that after the night,'' He answered. What? The night? What happened during the night!?

Jungkook saw my shocked face. ''Relax, honeybutt, it was not like we did something,'' He said, and I immediately calmed myself. How can I not remember anything? I don't recall him coming to my tent.

''What did happen last night?'' I asked after a silence.

He chuckled. What's that supposed to mean!? Seriously, did I do something that bad?

''You don't recall, don't you? Or did you forget how you practically grabbed me and made me hold you the whole fucking night,'' He said.

My eyes widened. Did I grab Jungkook? But who got into my tent in the first place? I'm sure I wasn't doing some sleepwalking.

''But why did you even come to my tent?'' I asked. He sat up and groaned. It seemed he hadn't been sleeping well. Ah, stupid Y/n! Now he thinks I'm into him, which I'm not.

''I was coming from the showers when I heard you crying. I might as well check up on you. I wanted to sleep, so I wanted you to be quiet,'' Jungkook explained. ''And when I asked what's wrong with you, you pulled me to your embrace. After a while, you calmed down, but I couldn't get off you.''

So was he worried about me? How generous to try to shut me up. But knowing him, he would have just yelled at me and left. And what he meant by ''couldn't get off you''? He is strong. He could get off my embrace if he wanted to. But did he? Is he lying?

''So you're that afraid of the thunder, huh?'' He asked after a while. I looked at him, and a little pink grew on my cheeks. I never liked that side of me, getting scared over little things. I just nodded shyly. He chuckled again and crawled off from the tent outside.

''Let's hope the thunder won't come back. I won't spend another worse night with you,'' he said. He then walked off towards the washing place.

Okay, I can't pretend that it didn't hurt a little. Why is Jungkook always so cold toward me? It was just one night, and no one told him to stay. No one. He could have left. But he didn't.

If the playboy wants to be like this, then so be it. I can play this game as well.