Chapter 29

Apology

There I was, looking at my boyfriend while holding onto my cheekbone

There I was, looking at my boyfriend while holding onto my cheekbone. The pain was unreal. Not just physically being punched straight to my face and leaving a huge bruise but also mentally. Looking into Jungkook's eyes while he was looking at mine, shock written on his face.

Everyone was shocked. Not just him.

Jimin came rushing to me, helping me out, but my body felt numb. I couldn't cry. Mentally, I was hurt in many possible ways. I couldn't leave my eyes from his eyes. ''Are you okay?'' Jimin asked, and I couldn't answer that.

Was I okay?

Can you say you're okay or not after your boyfriend punched you without a reason?

''Y-y/n I-'' Jungkook finally returned to this planet and opened his mouth. But before I could let him finish, I lifted my hand to stop him. I shook my head and turned around, still holding onto my cheek.

''I will drive you home,'' Jimin offered, but I shook my head to him too. 

''No, you have drunken. I suggest you don't drive. I will get a taxi,'' I answered Jimin with a low voice before walking out of the yard and the house.

Jungkook tried to come after you, realizing you were leaving and why, but his hyungs stopped him. ''Please let me go after her!'' He begged.

''I think you need to calm down first. Get yourself sober before trying to apologize to her. You're not in your right mind right now. You're not yourself. Talk to her tomorrow and say things you won't regret,'' Namjoon said, and everyone nodded along with him.

''But I need to explain-''

''You know why you did it?'' Jin asked.

The youngest one thought for a while before mumbling. ''No.''

''Exactly, you need to think overnight about what happened and why it happened. I'm sure she will understand. She isn't dumb, and we all have seen it. She is dumb enough to be with you. Have a chance with you,'' Jin continued.

Jungkook wanted to run after you more than anything, but his hyungs were right. He felt terrible. Suddenly, being drunk wasn't his only problem. Why does everything start to feel bright when something happens?

''Well, that went well, didn't it?'' everyone turned to look at Minho, who stood up and wiped his bloody nose on his sleeve.

Jungkook tried to lunge at him again, but Yoongi held him back. ''Don't, he's not worth it anymore. We all saw it. It was his plan all along.''

The hyungs escorted Jungkook out of the party, and it seemed like some others were leaving, too. Maybe they figured out the situation as well. After all, they have known Jungkook more than they have Minho. They don't know him at all.